Final Fantasy VII Remake

Gaz

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

wut?

62320193_436909560464524_3907969568441630720_n.thumb.jpg.2cae4d059ddd28d084193cbab542975e.jpg

Final Fantasy VII is my favourite game of all time. I've adored it since I tried to run it on my Pentium 150MHz with 16MB RAM, realised it wouldn't run, and bought a PlayStation solely to play it in 1998. I've played it at least once or twice every year since, I've got a FF7 tattoo and several more planned, and I've waited 14 years since the announcement of the tech demo to see this finally be made.

There's no way I wasn't going to pick this up.

34 minutes ago, Gaz said:

62320193_436909560464524_3907969568441630720_n.thumb.jpg.2cae4d059ddd28d084193cbab542975e.jpg

Final Fantasy VII is my favourite game of all time. I've adored it since I tried to run it on my Pentium 150MHz with 16MB RAM, realised it wouldn't run, and bought a PlayStation solely to play it in 1998. I've played it at least once or twice every year since, I've got a FF7 tattoo and several more planned, and I've waited 14 years since the announcement of the tech demo to see this finally be made.

There's no way I wasn't going to pick this up.

Fair enough.

Is it really only up to the Midgar ending?

I'm currently making my way through the old PSOne version of Final Fantasy VII. I've just started the third disc and I'm in the process of getting the ultimate weapons and level four limit breaks.

It was my favourite game for about 20 years but I don't think it stands up so well now. The story is overly complex, the dialogue is hokey, the graphics look clunky and the party organisation is a pain in the arse (for example, if the game demands you add a character to your party, swapping over materia is annoying). The two bonus baddies, Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon, are miles above anything else in the game and it takes so much grinding before you can even contemplate taking them on.

Over the last two years I played VIII, IX and X and VIII and X are streets ahead of VII, X in particular. I look forward to the remake of VII, however, and hope they do a decent job of it.

I'm almost through it again, think I pretty much just have to head to the crater now. The story always went miles over my head and that hasn't changed. I still love it.

Out of the FF games I've played, I'd rank them.

I just didn't get 8 at all.

4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'm almost through it again, think I pretty much just have to head to the crater now. The story always went miles over my head and that hasn't changed. I still love it.

Out of the FF games I've played, I'd rank them.

I just didn't get 8 at all.

I can see us falling out here gggrrrrrr, what didnt you get about 8 lol

I can see us falling out here gggrrrrrr, what didnt you get about 8 lol
The enemies levelling up as you did made grinding seemingly redundant. I just Googled it to make sure I wasn't imagining it but it's called "enemy scaling".
I was a bit of a grinder so I could just end up running over the top of anything, I couldn't do that in FF8.

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

The enemies levelling up as you did made grinding seemingly redundant. I just Googled it to make sure I wasn't imagining it but it's called "enemy scaling".
I was a bit of a grinder so I could just end up running over the top of anything, I couldn't do that in FF8.

I think that was to supplement the junction system, you could junction high level magic like ultima etc and run over the top of anything at high levels without trying, possibly a flaw with 7, i can see why its a pain but i loved the challenge throughout the game of keeping tabs on your magic levels while battling different enemies using different tactics

On 12/06/2019 at 14:28, Crroma said:

I stayed up all night playing FFX on launch day just to play blitzball. Not my finest moment

Nope, your finest moment was getting banned from P&B's gaming forum for being a bellend, Waggamamadingdong! :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2019 at 23:01, Blootoon87 said:

Got my girlfriend started on FF7 now, just got out of Midgar. I'm trying to subtly get her to have Aeris as one of her main party just for the scenes at the end of the first disc.

Dont do that, thats harsh if she doesnt build up any othet character and gets smashed in fights lol

• 2 weeks later...
Dont do that, thats harsh if she doesnt build up any othet character and gets smashed in fights lol
I would wager hes playing one of the versions where you can click L3 and R3 and become unkillable

Just seen what a few others have said, next years remake will be set in midgar only, so no qe arent getting the full works of a 7 remake, lot of bullshit 
I mean we've known that'd be the case for like 3 years

• 2 years later...

I've never played a final fantasy game in my life.

Started playing the FF VII Remake tonight (had it in my library so must've been free on PS+ at some point) and having a lot of fun. 

Is this the best one?