The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about Danny Lennon at Cowdenbeath who has guided Cowdenbeath to two successive promotions with a team that is struggling to exist??

Hasn't been mentioned as far as I can see but a reasonable shout as he's worked well with a small budget.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can expect a meeting on tuesday then to unveil Billy Stark or Tommy Wilson .tongue.gif

Press conference for 4pm then?

Billy Stark was spotted in Asda Linwood today ph34r.gif

Why is everyone so excited about McStay? Don't really know much about him so would be interested to hear the reasoning for this being a good move.

Why is everyone so excited about McStay? Don't really know much about him so would be interested to hear the reasoning for this being a good move.

He went to Upjest(sp?) in Hungary for a season. Got them 3rd in the league and into the semi's of the national cup. All the time the club were under severe financial pressure. In fact it was that issue that resulted in him leaving the club.

Apparently McStay has been "groomed" (not my words, btw) for the Celtic post for years. Quite who by I am unsure yet it seems to be the claims of quite a few Celtic fans. His appointment at Upjest was meant to cement a "gentleman's agreement" between Celtic and the Hungarian club about loaning out players but I don't think that ever came to fruition.

Would McStay be a decent choice? Hmm.. not sure. He would certainly be more inspiring than a Duffy/Scott/Stark option though.

From reading Wikipedia, the Hungarian mob finished second the season before and are one of the country's most successful - suppose it would be like finishing third with Arsenal.

Good record with youngsters but that means nothing really when it comes to moving them into a first team.

From reading Wikipedia, the Hungarian mob finished second the season before and are one of the country's most successful - suppose it would be like finishing third with Arsenal.

Good record with youngsters but that means nothing really when it comes to moving them into a first team.

And according to the BBC website, he left them in 6th position - not 3rd that seems to be getting quoted here and on blackandwhitearmy.

He does seem a bit better than the others quoted mind...apart from Jocky Scott obviously.

Has the sister-in-law been to the beauty salon?

It went like this.

My sister-in-law worked with John Coughlin's missus. Coughlin phones his missus to tell her that Hendrie has just come out the boardroom and has been sacked. He's to go in next. Coughlin's missus tells my sister-in-law when she gets off the phone. She phones my brother. He immediately posts it on blackandwhitearmy and then phones to tell me. It was on the forum within 15 mins of the sacking.

On the back of this, my brother and Div have a chat at half time at McDairmid Park about putting another exclusive on blackandwhitearmy. They decided to make up a story about selling Love Street. My brother will post it on the back of his Hendrie exclusive and Div will back it up. It turns out to be true and within a week the story is on the PDE. Complete fluke.

Gilmour then phones my brother to try and find the "leak" at Love Street..... and all it was was that Coughlin's missus worked beside the missus of a notorious internet wind up merchant and a completely made up story! :lol:

Just as long as Stuart Balmer hasn't been spotted in Asda i'll be happy, apparently Jim Spence said he was on a shortlist of 3.blink.gif please god not him.

He would be our Eddie May and would probably last as long in the post. It hardly signals the change of direction that the board mentioned when sacking MacPherson.

He would be our Eddie May and would probably last as long in the post. It hardly signals the change of direction that the board mentioned when sacking MacPherson.

Our "change of direction" appears to be to get in a manager who will oversee the development of the youth system. The main targets, ie McDowall & McStay, have made their names working with youth.

Eddie May was promoted from the position of head of youth development. It seems we're heading in the same direction.... :rolleyes:

Archived