Gambling forum quick questions thread

I've yet to place a bet on the horses but I am wanting to place one on the Friday 14.40 Albert Barlett Novices Hurdle. I have the horse and the odds, 20/1 I think, but I have no idea how to place the bet. It will probably be at William Hill. Is there a sheet like the football to place the bet or do I have to write it out on the blank sheets? I notice that there is usually a list of the races up on the wall. If I do have to write it out it will be a £2 each way bet. Do I just write out the time, race name, horse name, odds, each way and stake? or is there some fancy thing to do?

Well Blue, they appear to be listening;

"Dear ******,

Thank you for your patience following recent issues with the Betfair.com site. We sincerely apologise for the frustration this caused.

We have listened to your feedback and, in recognition of your loyalty, we would like to offer you a 100% commission refund on a selection of this week's top markets.

Here’s how it works:

* Place your bets as normal on any of the listed markets.

* All commission paid on these markets will automatically be credited back into your account within 24 hours of the market settling.

* See terms for full details.

We hope you enjoy this offer and thank you for your continued loyalty. Good luck.

Have a great week of betting!

Niall Wass

Chief Marketing and Development Officer

Tony McAlister

Chief Technology Officer"

*Forgot to add, not every sport and market but better than nothing i suppose.

Edited by accies

Niall Wass

Chief Marketing and Development Officer Tony McAlister

Chief Technology Officer DAY

EVENT

MARKETS

Tuesday

Cheltenham Festival

Arkle Chase (2.05pm)

Win and Place Markets

(Ante post bets do not count).

btn2.jpg

Champions League

Bayern Munich vs. Inter Milan

All Markets

btn2.jpg

Champions League

Man Utd vs. Marseille

All Markets

btn2.jpg

Wednesday

Cheltenham Festival

National Hunt Challenge (1.30pm)

Win and Place Markets

btn2.jpg

Thursday

Cheltenham Festival

Jewson Novices Chase (1.30pm)

Win and Place Markets

btn2.jpg

Friday

Cheltenham Festival

Triumph Hurdle (1.30pm)

Win and Place Markets

btn2.jpg

Saturday

Man Utd vs. Bolton

All Markets

btn2.jpg

Cricket World Cup

Australia vs. Pakistan

All Markets

btn2.jpg

Rugby 6 Nations

Ireland vs. England

All Markets

It's a complete waste of time. They'll not be charging any commission on those markets I posted above, https://promotions.b...om/refund-offer , but it's only a handful of markets in a busy week. The simple solution would've been to say no commission points decay this week, but that would have cost them more money. They should've done that all the other times too. It's taken about nine major crashes in six weeks or so to get any concessions at all. I'm not impressed, particularly as they held a live chat session on this tonight, and for the second consecutive time ignored my perfectly reasonable questions.

If you look at the list of markets, you'll see they've not done it for any of the more important races each day at Cheltenham. If you don't bet on horses, they're giving you very little. I'm actually away this week, at Cheltenham coincidentally, so I'm on a Betfair holiday anyway so it gains me nothing at all. Some sort of commission points rebate would've been more fair to everyone. They obviously decided to make some sort of token offer, but were careful not to give away anything much.

More importantly, they reckon they've fixed the site problems and that it pretty much won't crash again. I'm not banking on it. They'll probably be ultra careful with it this week, before more carnage at the weekend or next weekend.

Edited by blue4578

Quick wee question, I put on a fivefold last night, consisting of 6 teams, but one of those games has been postponed and is now void, will the bet now become a fourfold with the 5, or remain a fivefold?

Quick wee question, I put on a fivefold last night, consisting of 6 teams, but one of those games has been postponed and is now void, will the bet now become a fourfold with the 5, or remain a fivefold?

I'm not sure that I follow. How could you have put on a fivefold that consisted of six teams? If you have put on an accumulator with six teams and one of those games was postponed, it's almost certainly going to be voided and the line will remain with the other five games on it. However, different bookmakers have different rules and if the game is rescheduled within a certain amount of days, it may remain a six fold.

Best to contact the bookie you placed the bet with.

I'm not sure that I follow. How could you have put on a fivefold that consisted of six teams? If you have put on an accumulator with six teams and one of those games was postponed, it's almost certainly going to be voided and the line will remain with the other five games on it. However, different bookmakers have different rules and if the game is rescheduled within a certain amount of days, it may remain a six fold.

Best to contact the bookie you placed the bet with.

I'm guessing he means he had 6 teams and backed 6 fivefolds. If one team drops out then you now have 5 * fourfolds at the slightly increased line per fold. For example, if you had 6 * £1 five folds you would now have 5 * £1.20 four folds.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh but as Adam points out, if the match is rescheduled within 3 or 4 days, the original 5 fold would stand (check with bookie for exact time frame). Although 9 times out of 10 the match is dropped from the bet.

I'm guessing he means he had 6 teams and backed 6 fivefolds. If one team drops out then you now have 5 * fourfolds at the slightly increased line per fold. For example, if you had 6 * £1 five folds you would now have 5 * £1.20 four folds.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh but as Adam points out, if the match is rescheduled within 3 or 4 days, the original 5 fold would stand (check with bookie for exact time frame). Although 9 times out of 10 the match is dropped from the bet.

:ph34r:

Aye, that's what I meant, sorry Adam!

Cheers LL. :)

Hope that makes sense.

That's not right.

If you have 6 £1 fivefolds and one match is postponed it is treated as a non-runner, so you end up with 5 £1 fourfolds and a £1 fivefold.

Let's say match 6 was postponed.

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 6

1 2 3 5 6

1 2 4 5 6

1 3 4 5 6

2 3 4 5 6

I'm considering setting up an online account.

Are there any good introductory offers just now? I'll probably just stick to the one website, so I might as well get the best to begin with.

Are there any good introductory offers just now? I'll probably just stick to the one website, so I might as well get the best to begin with.

Ladbrokes has the best offer right now, with 3 free £20 bets, but their odds are generally very poor, so I wouldn't really recommend them if you were planning on just using the one website.

Betfair is the best place for value, but you only get their £25 free bet if your original bet loses, which is pretty cheap.

Edited by Nightmare

Ladbrokes odds are very poor I would stay away from them.

Also be wary of places like unibet who have good odds but they take a 2.5% charge on deposits meaning their odds arent that good anymore.

Stay away from bet365 as there offer has a rollover requirement meaning you need to bet 6 times your inital deposit to be able to withdraw the bonus.

Betfair is probably the best for in running betting as long as it doesnt crash. Sign up with code NLG6HV6TJ and you will get £25 free after you bet £25. You will get this credit even if the bet wins and this credit is withdrawable. After you spend £150 in 6 months I will also get £25 and everyone is happy. I would def recommend this as the best sign up deal seen as Ive not seen a referall code on this for a while and seen as im the boss :P

Betfair is probably the best for in running betting as long as it doesnt crash. Sign up with code NLG6HV6TJ and you will get £25 free after you bet £25. You will get this credit even if the bet wins and this credit is withdrawable. After you spend £150 in 6 months I will also get £25 and everyone is happy. I would def recommend this as the best sign up deal seen as Ive not seen a referall code on this for a while and seen as im the boss :P

I didn't. :angry:

I'd still recommend Betfair anyway, but might have to get in contact with them if I was supposed to get a free bet...