There have been "some viewers may find some words in this show offensive" warnings since the first outing of Arthur Askey and his jokes about bees. Allo Allo is not getting cancelled.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There have been "some viewers may find some words in this show offensive" warnings since the first outing of Arthur Askey and his jokes about bees. Allo Allo is not getting cancelled.

There is one of those warnings on Aliens, I think it must be the bit where the Marines tease Vasquez for being an “illegal alien”.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There is one of those warnings on Aliens, I think it must be the bit where the Marines tease Vasquez for being an “illegal alien”.

If you listen to BBC Radio 4 Extra, anything pre- 1980 will probably carry a caveat.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Good moaning, but usually for content deemed suitable for over 18. 

Britbox are protecting those who may be 'offended' by Carry on films, One Foot in the Grave, Call the Midwife and Desmonds!

How these people can walk the streets in the real world is beyond me.

And Allo Allo is not cancelled....yet!

21 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Not sure that Jamaican sprinters having Scottish surnames is anything to necessarily rejoice in.

I would imagine pretty much 50% of the following would have relatives named after their slave owners on the plantations......

Category:Jamaican female sprinters - Wikipedia

Taking the name of the slave owner is only part of it. It was also common for dark skin mothers to have light skin babies due to rape and coercion. 

3 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

Good moaning, but usually for content deemed suitable for over 18. 

Britbox are protecting those who may be 'offended' by Carry on films, One Foot in the Grave, Call the Midwife and Desmonds!

How these people can walk the streets in the real world is beyond me.

And Allo Allo is not cancelled....yet!

Anything called Britbox needs to be given a wide berth.