Never noticed the heaps of whataboutery flying around dug up by Rangers fans. Daily Record journo's twitter feeds have been trawled back for years to find some ammo in the 'media war'.

Hard to decide who I despise more though. Rangers or the Record. 😁

Edited by Suspect Device

29 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Never noticed that swampy the heaps of whataboutery flying around dug up by Rangers fans. Daily Record journo's twitter feeds have been trawled back for years to find some ammo in the 'media war'.

Hard to decide who I despise more though. Rangers or the Record. 😁

Fair fux if you’re a Rangers hater, but the facts of the matter here are simply that the Daily Record went after H&H in a tragic wee witch-hunt borne purely out of bitterness and spite which has now backfired spectacularly.

f**k the Daily Record and every single other red-top tabloid for that matter. Absolute gutter rags fit only for the purpose of helping to get a fire going. The MSM are only one generation away from becoming obsolete anyway IMO and good riddance. 

Fair fux if you’re a Rangers hater, but the facts of the matter here are simply that the Daily Record went after H&H in a tragic wee witch-hunt borne purely out of bitterness and spite which has now backfired spectacularly.
f**k the Daily Record and every single other red-top tabloid for that matter. Absolute gutter rags fit only for the purpose of helping to get a fire going. The MSM are only one generation away from becoming obsolete anyway IMO and good riddance. 

How has it backfired?

57 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

How has it backfired?

Shouldn’t even require any explaining but in a simple case of fighting fire with fire a serious of atrocious tweets and bigoted remarks by the tabloid journos have been outed in which they come across not only hypocritical but having made worse (bigoted) comments than the guy who their witch-hunt targeted.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Shouldn’t even require any explaining but in a simple case of fighting fire with fire a serious of atrocious tweets and bigoted remarks by the tabloid journos have been outed coming across hypocritical and having made worse comments than the guy who their witch-hunt targeted.

Worse than this?

Right hand man for Cammy Bell on the Heart and Hand podcast is Ian Hogg, whose Twitter handle ­@vanderhogg has carried misogynistic abuse.

Referring to a woman ­associated with Celtic who has tweeted about anti-sectarianism, he posted: “The rancid bitch deserves anything she gets. Like herpes from (name omitted).”

Hogg makes various references to “mongs” and “spazzies”.

He also refers to a Twitter user he has a disagreement with, tweeting: “This c*** deserves a*** raped by someone with HIV.”

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Shouldn’t even require any explaining but in a simple case of fighting fire with fire a serious of atrocious tweets and bigoted remarks by the tabloid journos have been outed in which they come across not only hypocritical but having made worse (bigoted) comments than the guy who their witch-hunt targeted.

The Rangers fans could claim the moral high ground if they condemn their own fans' bigotry as well as the Record 'journalists'.

If you don't it just looks like whataboutery. 

And I can just sit on the sidelines, point and laugh at both sides in a Nelson Muntz style.

I haven’t followed it for a couple of days. I’m not sure there’s any vindication here for H&H or the legions of Rangers fans defending them when they’re confusing a tit for tat hypocrisy charge against some journos with exoneration. Both sides can be (and most likely are) bigoted wankers.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I haven’t followed it for a couple of days. I’m not sure there’s any vindication here for H&H or the legions of Rangers fans defending them when they’re confusing a tit for tat hypocrisy charge against some journos with exoneration. Both sides can be (and most likely are) bigoted wankers.

Yeah, theres a big difference between, "yes we have a problem of unacceptable behaviour which we need to deal with, but perhaps you also ought to look at X and Y from within your own establishment" and "We're not stopping doing it cos they do it too"

I don't get why people with any kind of public life don't just delete all their old tweets and get into the habit of pausing before clicking send. It's possible if unlikely that someone might have screenshot one, but then you can say you deeply regretted it and deleted it. 

the rangers thread on here is full of folk thinking they are in some kind of "war". They are very weird.

I'd almost have to admire the way they stand together and give it the "rangers family" pish, then I remember they stood by and did f**k all as their ever so precious club died.

This podcast guy is a right weirdo, has a room like a 14 year olds. Has replica wrestling belts. Probably is his maws hoose and his maw is defo the only woman that's been in that room.

There is a also a debate about whether or not "***" is sectarian going on.

I've yet to see a definition of the word that would suggest it is.

Edited by Busta Nut

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This podcast guy is a right weirdo,

Yeh his head has well and truly gone.

If anyone wants to stab their eyes out take a gander through the heart and hand twitter account they boy running it seems to have admitted and then apologised for a number of offensive tweets, he is now spending the rest of his time digging through the accounts of anyone he believes to be part of the conspiracy against him and Rangers and demanding they are sacked. 

He's a strange man and has Jimmy been having me on or were some of the terrace boys on the H&H pod, if so impending cancellation for appearing on such a show