On 05/06/2022 at 08:11, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’m not sure I fully agree with all of that but modern Lefties do love to conform with government regulations tbf.

He's quoted turning point too which is always a good laugh.

I wanted to avoid an echo chamber and was drawn in by their (admittedly impressive) production values but good god their content is laughable drivel. You won't have to look too far past their celebrity quotes to see a post decrying celebrity involvement in politics. National review it ain't.

On 06/06/2022 at 00:02, Bairnardo said:
On 05/06/2022 at 23:25, BFTD said:
I swear, people don't realise how lucky they are when their idols die young.
There's a timeline where John Lennon wasn't shot and went on to support Donald Trump.
Probably not that big a leap considering his views on tax.

I am certain John Lennon would have become an insufferable, Bono level bore.

He was a prolific domestic abuser when alive, and a seriously dark individual in general. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up like Phil Spector had he lived.

On 06/06/2022 at 03:52, ICTChris said:

I often like to think about how prominent people who died young would be tarnishing their legacy today.

Ian Curtis - Much like Morrissey, he would lean into right wing politics. Could see him as a statue defender.

Richey Edwards - Regular column in Spiked, stands for Brexit Party in 2019 European election for South Wales.

Kurt Cobain - Successfully off drugs, becomes anti-vax and then QAnon.

All look surprisingly plausible to me.

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Miriam kens.

She's wonderful. I saw a cracking interview with her recently for, I think, Aye Write? She's an unashamed potty mouth and has a gift for rhetorical creativity. 

This would have been a nice end to Alan Moore's introduction to "V for vandetta".

11 minutes ago, velo army said:

She's wonderful. I saw a cracking interview with her recently for, I think, Aye Write? She's an unashamed potty mouth and has a gift for rhetorical creativity. 

This would have been a nice end to Alan Moore's introduction to "V for vandetta".

I listened to an interview with her on the radio recently (cant remember what station it was on though) and it consisted entirely about the joy of farting.  Whenever the interviewer tried to steer her onto another topic, she ignored him and carried on talking about letting rip walking down the high street etc.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I listened to an interview with her on the radio recently (cant remember what station it was on though) and it consisted entirely about the joy of farting.  Whenever the interviewer tried to steer her onto another topic, she ignored him and carried on talking about letting rip walking down the high street etc.

Aye she loves talking about bodily functions. I mind her on Graham Norton and she describes being turned on by someone or something and she was so graphic about it people were absolutely stunned.

She's great value.