The comments criticising the policeman for running away from someone with a fucking chainsaw, with no one else around are fucking hilarious. 

As are the comments criticising the amount of police officers there at the end - he was chasing people with a fucking chainsaw 😂

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The comments criticising the policeman for running away from someone with a fucking chainsaw, with no one else around are fucking hilarious. 

As are the comments criticising the amount of police officers there at the end - he was chasing people with a fucking chainsaw 😂

Quite often you will get people who will say both those things in the same sentence.  The ideal police force would immediately appear, fight off chainsaw wielding criminals bare handed and then completely disappear from the scene of a major crime immediately.

I remember reading something similar after the incident in Inverness a few years ago, where the police shot a guy who ran at them waving a knife after setting fire to a block of flats.  I appreciate it's inconvenient but you probably have to accept that following a major police incident there might be a few cops around the place for a few days!

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

That's the posh bit of the town too.

Probably bought it in the middle aisle of Aldi. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye you would definitely run.

However the police account of their vehicle being stationary seems a bit dubious. From the damage I saw on STV it looks like the cops nosed out onto the road and hit an oncoming car. 

What are the odds of crashing into a maniac in Paisley?

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aye you would definitely run.

However the police account of their vehicle being stationary seems a bit dubious. From the damage I saw on STV it looks like the cops nosed out onto the road and hit an oncoming car. 

What are the odds of crashing into a maniac in Paisley?

Are you kidding? Lol. I mean i know its not ‘islamist’ or the rest of it, but what’s dubious? Guy purposefully rams a police car and then chases one of the cops inside with a chain saw. 
The chairbourne rangers tweeting ‘look at him running away’ id personally invite them all to be chased with a chain saw and be armed with nippy water and a small baton and show us all how its done. The cop drew the nutcase away from his disorientated and injured neighbour, created distance and when there were enough there he was sprayed with pava and overpowered, textbook. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Are you kidding? Lol. I mean i know its not ‘islamist’ or the rest of it, but what’s dubious? Guy purposefully rams a police car and then chases one of the cops inside with a chain saw. 
The chairbourne rangers tweeting ‘look at him running away’ id personally invite them all to be chased with a chain saw and be armed with nippy water and a small baton and show us all how its done. The cop drew the nutcase away from his disorientated and injured neighbour, created distance and when there were enough there he was sprayed with pava and overpowered, textbook. 

Are only some cops up here given taxes?

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

is there any footage of the initial collision?

If the guy was intent on doing harm to the police I'm not sure driving around until you see a police motor to ram is the most effective method. But the guy is clearly a loon so maybe I am wide of the mark.

2 hours ago, PWL said:

It's noticeable that the likes of Tommy Robinson and Miles Choeng are tweeting this story. You can see they are just praying for an islamic connection. Clearly they don't know paisley.....

Then you get folk like this just blatantly posting lies. Note the username too. 

Screenshot_20240506-180623.thumb.png.501552040855756b7a015e1617c5cf06.png

Easy mistake to make but it wasnt allahu akbar, it was actually 'Ah'm fae Foxbar... 'mon ya bas'.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bennett said:

He's put the chainsaw down,  lets batter fcuk out of him now.

Surely those aren't all polis running in for a pile on? 

I am going to use my detective instincts to say at least the guy with the wellies who threw the chainsaw over the wall wasn't. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Probably bought it in the middle aisle of Aldi. 

Great, now every Aldi within 20 miles will be teaming with police after that suggestion…they don’t do jokes very well.

9 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Surely those aren't all polis running in for a pile on? 

I am going to use my detective instincts to say at least the guy with the wellies who threw the chainsaw over the wall wasn't. 

Aye,the guy with the wellies was the only one sensible enough to isolate the weapon properly 

11 hours ago, bennett said:

He's put the chainsaw down,  lets batter fcuk out of him now.

That's some pile on. The boy in the wellies lobbing the chainsaw over the hedge though 😁