1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I was at one a couple of months ago - Love Simon.  The number of people who actually got up and left when the film name came on stunned me.  There's a right number of arseholes who go to these screenings outwith you and I of course :lol:  

I was at the Love Simon screening in Aberdeen and quite a few people did that.  A few left during the screen too.  It wasn't a film I'd have picked to go and see but I ended up enjoying it.  If you go to that effort to book a ticket and travel to the cinema you might as well sit back and watch it.  I missed last night but my fiancee was there with a couple of her friends and they were pretty chuffed with the film and also the free bottle of Pepsi.  I wouldn't have minded seeing Incredibles 2 but the World Cup was obviously on!

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I was at the Love Simon screening in Aberdeen and quite a few people did that.  A few left during the screen too.  It wasn't a film I'd have picked to go and see but I ended up enjoying it.  If you go to that effort to book a ticket and travel to the cinema you might as well sit back and watch it.  I missed last night but my fiancee was there with a couple of her friends and they were pretty chuffed with the film and also the free bottle of Pepsi.  I wouldn't have minded seeing Incredibles 2 but the World Cup was obviously on!

That's exactly the screening I was at.  Couldn't believe it when people got up and left.  It wasn't a film that I wanted to go see but I thought it was excellent.

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I’ve mentioned this on here before but I can’t work out at all how Angela Haggerty has made it as a journalist. As far as I’m aware, she has no degree and only has an HND. She then gets heavily involved with Phil McWhateverHisNameIs and edits his book as I recall. All of a sudden she’s on Scotland Tonight and all sorts. I can’t work out how she’s done it. It’s not even like what she writes is any good.

You have to remember that the National gives a weekly column to a dog, and a guy who writes his articles as if he was one of the Broons.  Phil McScrabbleScore is another case in point.  

Being a journalist has long since stopped being a Woodward and Bernstein style operation.  You just need to be a bit shouty.

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone any idea whats happening with Limmy on twitter? Something to do with some games console thing. Cant tell if hes having a mare or if hes winning.

Limmy's  doing the celebrity charity circuit. Probably hasn't got a moment to spare.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You have to remember that the National gives a weekly column to a dog, and a guy who writes his articles as if he was one of the Broons.  Phil McScrabbleScore is another case in point.  

Talking of him, I followed him a couple of years back and I had to can him within about two weeks.  He tweets ALL THE TIME.   Constantly, day and night, the majority of which is about 'Sevco' and other things from the Celtic bubble, from the cringe to the conspiracy.  How he makes a living I do not know.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 17 July 2010 at 14:56, football_is_academical said:

I recently got Twitter and at times I find it can be a bit boring, I don't have many followers so posting is a waste of time and I usually just read what comedians and football sites are posting.

Do any of you have any recommendations of people I should follow? Whether it be funny or interesting.

For example I would recommend following NotKayBurley as it is quite amusing.

Ah 8 year old thread. Wondered why NotKatBurley hadn't tweeted for 6 years.

On 20/06/2018 at 19:12, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I actually tweeted her in response to one of her look at me tweets and got a pretty positive response from other folks. Wings is just cringe, how a man who lives in England spends so much time on politics in another nation is beyond me, the absolute stalkerishness of the man is indicative of someone with some serious issues.

At least it keeps him from slagging off Chelsea Manning. He'll be making a good living from crowd funding, like Tommy Robinson and Jordan Peterson do.

On 6/22/2018 at 00:42, Highland Capital said:

Talking of him, I followed him a couple of years back and I had to can him within about two weeks.  He tweets ALL THE TIME.   Constantly, day and night, the majority of which is about 'Sevco' and other things from the Celtic bubble, from the cringe to the conspiracy.  How he makes a living I do not know.

I saw one of his tweets today so I clicked on his blog for the first time ever - a post about the bus provision for Rangers pre-season tour.

Amazing that your club can have one of their best teams in years, your biggest rivals can go bust and you STILL end up owning yourself.   What a boy.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I saw one of his tweets today so I clicked on his blog for the first time ever - a post about the bus provision for Rangers pre-season tour.

Amazing that your club can have one of their best teams in years, your biggest rivals can go bust and you STILL end up owning yourself.   What a boy.

I've just looked it up and good Lord, this is bizarre.  Rangers' hotel is apparently five minutes walk away and they haven't hired a bus.  Who on Earth would read that and think 'This is gold, I'm going to write a blog on this, that'll show 'em'.  Absolutely bizarre.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/06/25/sevco-in-spain/

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've just looked it up and good Lord, this is bizarre.  Rangers' hotel is apparently five minutes walk away and they haven't hired a bus.  Who on Earth would read that and think 'This is gold, I'm going to write a blog on this, that'll show 'em'.  Absolutely bizarre.

The other shock news he's uncovered is they're flying with Easyjet for the 2-3 hour flight. :blink:

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

He's making money out of it, I assume people donate or buy advertising for it.

You wonder if these guys are completely cynical or if there's a degree of self-delusion.

He's making money out of it, I assume people donate or buy advertising for it.
You wonder if these guys are completely cynical or if there's a degree of self-delusion.

I’m sure his funding comes from the Thai **** and suchlike.

18 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The main things no I take away from that article is the fact Accies have hired a luxury coach and Rangers can't afford one. Even Nigerian princes robbing us can't stop the Accies juggernaut.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The other shock news he's uncovered is they're flying with Easyjet for the 2-3 hour flight. :blink:

I like the way he says a shuttle bus has to make THREE runs, with THREE in capital letters!

As much as I want to laugh at Sevco at every chance, I can’t help but think that if I was running a business where I had to transport players to a pre-season camp i’d be trying to save money too?
The point about Accies is better explained that their board has ties out there and may have access to decent deals on these kind of things.