6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They have already had a World Cup fairly recently so should not have been awarded another one.

TBF, they had two bids to choose from, with the other being Morocco, who will apparently get to host a World Cup roughly around the time of the heat death of the universe.

As the tournament gets bigger, the number of interested parties appears to be decreasing. Plenty of countries willing to declare interest, but presumably the beancounters sit them all down at some point with a list of terrifying numbers, so they drop out. Basically the only people hosting them from here are countries with existing infrastructure, or wealthy regimes who need to sportswash what they've been up to in other areas.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am 32 years old. Are you attempting to claim that I am old now?

You're definitely middle-aged.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am 32 years old. Are you attempting to claim that I am old now?

You're not young at least. 

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Is Italy now part of America? Or are you shite at arithmetic? 

1994 to 2026 is 32 years. You must have went to a dodgy school. 

Just now, Brother Blades said:

Is Italy now part of America? Or are you shite at arithmetic? 

Saying "32 years" is meaningless anyway. It's like when commentators come out with shit like "Arsenal haven't beaten Finklebury Amateurs in 83 years", when that's literally the last time they played each other.

The States last hosted the World Cup seven tournaments ago - that's the actual statistic.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Whenever someone calls me young, I usually reply that if I was a footballer it would nearly be retirement time.

That doesn't stop, by the way. I'm more than a decade older than you and well on the way to looking like Santa Claus, but elderly folk will still refer to me as a "young man".

People remain weirdly in denial about the way time and aging works.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

That doesn't stop, by the way. I'm more than a decade older than you and well on the way to looking like Santa Claus, but elderly folk will still refer to me as a "young man".

People remain weirdly in denial about the way time and aging works.

A few of my older relatives who I rarely see have an annoying habit of talking to me as if I'm 5. "OOOOOO WOW YOU'RE AT UNIVERSITY. WHAT A CLEVER BOY YOU ARE!"

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A few of my older relatives who I rarely see have an annoying habit of talking to me as if I'm 5. "OOOOOO WOW YOU'RE AT UNIVERSITY. WHAT A CLEVER BOY YOU ARE!"

It's funny how, in some people's minds, you never age beyond five years.

I still catch myself wandering down the toy aisle in the supermarket in case there's something new that I think my son might like. He's studying for his Highers, FFS  :rolleyes:

That pin neck thread is something else.

Imagine following those developments or reading it later and thinking the whole episode reflects positively on Tate and that he 'won'. 

Anyone in the replies with this opinion should automatically be added to some sort of OFTW database.

Saw an interesting point on twitter earlier that a peculiar thing about a great deal of these guys - Peterson, Tate, Shapiro, Fuentes being some examples - is that they have no charisma whatsoever either. In the most literal sense of the word they are repellent - weird affect, weird accents, cringeworthy personal presentation. Given a lot of their followers are similar maybe that's part of the appeal? Like Tate talks as if the boy from school with a rash on his lip from licking them too much got a lot of money and a public profile

8 hours ago, King Ian said:

For all the money he has and girls he gets, I can’t help but think Tate’s life is rather empty.

Scrape through the degenerate nonsense, and he makes some good points though.

Only thing is, a lot of scraping is required..

“In every lump of shite there’s a bit of sweetcorn”

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The one conspiracy theory I buy into 100% is that Jordan Peterson is a literal demon. Not metaphorically - he is a demon.

I have a mate who is pretty intelligent but has a weakness for self help books and won't hear a bad word said about him. Doesn't agree with his politics but says it doesn't matter because he wrote a book about standing up straight and cleaning your room. 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The one conspiracy theory I buy into 100% is that Jordan Peterson is a literal demon. Not metaphorically - he is a demon.

How much of a disappointment would it be to go to hell and discover it was staffed by whiny alt-right fash fanboys. Like arriving at the Pearly Gates and being waved through by Mr Bean.

It'd make taking over pretty easy, I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

“In every lump of shite there’s a bit of sweetcorn”

I certainly think Tate’s got something with his ‘university’ milking cash out of utter marks, but you can do that without being a creepy sex case - just look at Trump Univ…

oh.