This is absolutely brilliant, and hopefully a bit of a wake up call for the 12-14 year olds who idolise him, Rogan, Peterson and all the other alt-right grifters.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

This is absolutely brilliant, and hopefully a bit of a wake up call for the 12-14 year olds who idolise him, Rogan, Peterson and all the other alt-right grifters.

Nah, they'll just blame feminism for forcing otherwise decent men into pimping, while quietly checking their own go bags are packed.

Just now, BFTD said:

Nah, they'll just blame feminism for forcing otherwise decent men into pimping, while quietly checking their own go bags are packed.

Possibly.

I mind a few weeks ago at school one of my second years (who is so far down the alt-right radicalisation rabbit hole) slagged my (admittedly boring) car and asked me what colour my Bugatti was. I just asked him what his favourite bus to catch was.

He was quite quiet after that.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Possibly.

I mind a few weeks ago at school one of my second years (who is so far down the alt-right radicalisation rabbit hole) slagged my (admittedly boring) car and asked me what colour my Bugatti was. I just asked him what his favourite bus to catch was.

He was quite quiet after that.

Is that common at that age? My son went through a brief period where he'd come out with random misogynist shite that he'd obviously picked up online, but thankfully gentle mockery and pointing out that there wasn't a single woman in his life who matched up to the bullshit he was reading seemed to knock that out of him pretty quickly.

That, and he has people who like him because he's not a total arsehole, which does seem to be a major part of why people end up with these worldviews - nobody likes me so it has to be their fault in some way.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Is that common at that age? My son went through a brief period where he'd come out with random misogynist shite that he'd obviously picked up online, but thankfully gentle mockery and pointing out that there wasn't a single woman in his life who matched up to the bullshit he was reading seemed to knock that out of him pretty quickly.

That, and he has people who like him because he's not a total arsehole, which does seem to be a major part of why people end up with these worldviews - nobody likes me so it has to be their fault in some way.

It's become increasingly common over the past few years, yes.

Some do, but it tends to be kids who are less academic (and thus leave school at younger ages) who get taken in by it, so I've no idea if all of them grow out of it. I suspect not.