I don't tend to use twitter much, mainly it's links from here that I look at, however there are many public services and utilities that use twitter to put out public information, and there is a need for a platform to exist that people can easily access that information. It looks like, once again, a private company cannot be trusted to provide such a platform.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Even reading 600 Tweets would mean you have a problem.

Depends upon what considered a 'read' and what's happening.

Tend to only use Twitter to keep up to date with certain events (County games when on TV, major sporting events or breaking news events).  So if I refresh my feed during a major event and get 50 new tweets, does that mean I've had 50 new 'reads'.....or do I need to click on the tweet for it to be a 'read'

Also, considering how ingrained Twitter is to major events, it's almost risky to get it limited with a nondescript 600 limit (now moved to 800 because Elon's panicking a bit)

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Depends upon what considered a 'read' and what's happening.

Tend to only use Twitter to keep up to date with certain events (County games when on TV, major sporting events or breaking news events).  So if I refresh my feed during a major event and get 50 new tweets, does that mean I've had 50 new 'reads'.....or do I need to click on the tweet for it to be a 'read'

Also, considering how ingrained Twitter is to major events, it's almost risky to get it limited with a nondescript 600 limit (now moved to 800 because Elon's panicking a bit)

It must mean scrolling past shit because the only tweets I went into were maybe 4 or 5 from Woj and Shams with this morning’s NBA free agency deals. So scrolling past stuff to get to them and then having a quick squizz down the comments on the tweets must count I think. 

19 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I don't tend to use twitter much, mainly it's links from here that I look at, however there are many public services and utilities that use twitter to put out public information, and there is a need for a platform to exist that people can easily access that information. It looks like, once again, a private company cannot be trusted to provide such a platform.

My case exactly. Signed up years ago to make a customer service complaint, and it worked. Have since used it to keep up with announcement from my kids school…that’s that f**ked.

30 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It must mean scrolling past shit because the only tweets I went into were maybe 4 or 5 from Woj and Shams with this morning’s NBA free agency deals. So scrolling past stuff to get to them and then having a quick squizz down the comments on the tweets must count I think. 

I think so too and generally if that is the case I can see most people hit 600/800 per day very easily.

Rather than provide a better experience for paying blue tick virgins....Elon's goal seems to be to make it worse for those who remain unverified and hope they will jump over.

Alternatively, it could be that we have now moved into a new finical Quarter of the year (Q3) and Twitter have no funds to pay its cloud vendors, so they have to cut usage substantially.

Regardless.....another masterstoke from the genius that is Musk

Edited by Mackie The Staggie