14 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

My only take from this is the Aubrey-Maturin books are the great lost franchise. Bettany was a shit Maturin though 

I could see Amazon or Netflix taking it on, it's got that epic and addictive quality they go for if they can reproduce it from the books. Hornblower for grownups.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I could see Amazon or Netflix taking it on, it's got that epic and addictive quality they go for if they can reproduce it from the books. Hornblower for grownups.

I've seen this mooted before and would be behind it, costs would surely be huge for a tv show though 

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Prestwick is a depressing, disgusting hole of an airport. A bigger insult would be to rename it the Trump International.

Prestwick is brilliant. No security and the bar is right next to the gate. 

If you are after some sushi and a handbag it's obviously not ideal. 

4 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I've seen this mooted before and would be behind it, costs would surely be huge for a tv show though 

Don't think the costs would be prohibitive. All the below decks stuff would be shot in a shed, back in blighty no more than any Jane Austin type stuff, odd bit of location work, and maybe building a full scale working replica of a ship if they don't go overboard with CGI (I sincerely hope they don't).

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think the costs would be prohibitive. All the below decks stuff would be shot in a shed, back in blighty no more than any Jane Austin type stuff, odd bit of location work, and maybe building a full scale working replica of a ship if they don't go overboard with CGI (I sincerely hope they don't).

Aye it's having multiple ships sailing about I was thinking of mainly. Spent a lot of the afternoon considering my ideal actors. Crowe was a great Aubrey imo but would be too old now, really not sure about Maturin though 

On 26/12/2020 at 23:35, ICTChris said:

Was directed to this thread earlier, regarding a semi prominent Scottish tweeter.

https://tattle.life/threads/vonny-the-clerk-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.11419/

Had a read through that whole thread earlier.  I see Vonny has deleted her Twitter account but her sister has started posting on the thread!

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Had a read through that whole thread earlier.  I see Vonny has deleted her Twitter account but her sister has started posting on the thread!

It's actually pretty sad reading

17 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It's actually pretty sad reading

I can't get access to the site on my work gear but I read the first 5 pages yesterday and I now have a morbid curiosity in this lassies lies and schemes.

Edited by Busta Nut