It was pretty good with Lamarr and peaked with Amstell - but it did become an embarrassing mess after that.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Simon Amstell had an uncanny knack of reducing certain celebrities to seething messes.

Preston from The Ordinary Boys and Huey from Fun Loving Criminals both spring to mind as two examples of celebrities that took the bait hook line and sinker on Buzzcocks.

He could, and there were the likes of Anthony Costa who took their ripping well and came out looking a 100x better for it.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Simon Amstell had an uncanny knack of reducing certain celebrities to seething messes.

Preston from The Ordinary Boys and Huey from Fun Loving Criminals both spring to mind as two examples of celebrities that took the bait hook line and sinker on Buzzcocks.

I think the Fun Lovin' Criminals was after Amstell which makes it even more bizarre given they stopped trying to wind up the celebs after he quit.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved Amstell when he hosted. I still mind his opening line: "Hi, I'm Simon Amstell and if you think I'm a poor booking just wait until you meet tonight's guests."

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

It was pretty good with Lamarr and peaked with Amstell - but it did become an embarrassing mess after that.

He could, and there were the likes of Anthony Costa who took their ripping well and came out looking a 100x better for it.

I mind Lee Ryan threatened to hit him as well when he pointed out every other member of Blue had left the mother of their children

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think the Fun Lovin' Criminals was after Amstell which makes it even more bizarre given they stopped trying to wind up the celebs after he quit.

You’re right it was when Rizzle Kicks presented that Huey Morgan had his meltdown.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It’s been spoken about a few times but in the Blair years it really was a black hole of people making entertainment out of being horrendous to each other. I mind being really into Simon Amstell and couldn’t work out why he clearly had some hangover from hosting Buzzcocks and I think in some way it was just some regret from how he acted towards a lot of the guests. Not that it wasn’t funny but it really was vicious a lot of the time and I dunno how warranted some of it was.

The Donny Tourette stuff is still great though.

Donny Tourette was a fucking warmer. ‘Mucho mucho warmer’. 

Towers of London were absolutely horrific. A terrible, corporate produced waste of jizz who had no talent and seemed to live like what an 1980s yuppie would script a 'punk' to be like.

The Tourette character was absolutely tragic. It was pathetic and dated, as well as being about as dangerous and edgy as Ralph Wiggum. 

Pretty sure I read he's some sort of yoga type healer fool now.

Towers of London were absolutely horrific. A terrible, corporate produced waste of jizz who had no talent and seemed to live like what an 1980s yuppie would script a 'punk' to be like.
The Tourette character was absolutely tragic. It was pathetic and dated, as well as being about as dangerous and edgy as Ralph Wiggum. 
Aye he reeked of posh boy, not sure if he was but there stunned if anyone was buying his image. Totally unconvincing.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Credit to him for jumping the fence on Big Brother that one time and calling Jade Goody a parasite on his way out