BioShock Infinite

#Gary

Played the first few hours. Quite impressed. It does and doesn't feel like a Bioshock game, which is really good, because you're obviously not wanting to be doing the same sort of stuff you would in the first two, which can get very boring, even when playing the second game at times.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just completed the game there. Won't give anything away, but the ending was amazing, I felt. It left me with the same feeling after completing the first: WTF. In terms of story, every bit as good as the first. Gameplay, however, lacks compared to the first 2, but it's still a fantastic game. From the series, I'd rank as follows:

Bioshock - 10/10
Bioshock 2 - 9/10
Bioshock Infinite - 9.5/10

I think I'm going to buy this next week. If it's even nearly as good as the first game, it'll be spectacular.

Not sure if it can be as creepy, because Rapture is the most fantastically creepy setting for any game.

It isnt as creepy.

Just completed this, one of the best games ive played in a long time. Overall id say it isnt as good as Bioshock, but then again, what is?

Elizabeth is the best thing in this game, her AI should be a benchmark for future games. Brilliantly written character and overall a excellent story, i didnt find the "magic" as useful in this game and the enemies arent as memorable. But overall this game is nearly on par with Bioshock, if it had a character like Andrew Ryan, or enemys like Big Daddies it would be on par.

It isnt as creepy.

Just completed this, one of the best games ive played in a long time. Overall id say it isnt as good as Bioshock, but then again, what is?

Elizabeth is the best thing in this game, her AI should be a benchmark for future games. Brilliantly written character and overall a excellent story, i didnt find the "magic" as useful in this game and the enemies arent as memorable. But overall this game is nearly on par with Bioshock, if it had a character like Andrew Ryan, or enemys like Big Daddies it would be on par.

The fact that the only complaint people seem to be having with this game is that 'it's not as good as BioShock' just shows how great it really is!

I agree with everything that's been said so far, the enemies aren't as good or interesting as previous bioshock games but it's absolutely great. Elizabeth is a brilliant character and the AI is spot on, she doesn't get in your way or frustrate you like so many other AI characters. I've been playing it on hard and it's a decent challenge so far.

I've got it on medium and at times it does feel too easy.

I tend to play everything on hard for the first play through now, games are ridiculously easy these days. Dark souls is the only one that I've played in years that I actually can't get any further on due to the difficulty level.

I'm the opposite, with a game like this I generally play it on the medium setting first time so that it's not a total breeze but you can focus a bit more on the story and exploring without worrying about dying every time you turn a corner. Then when I play it again it'll be on hard.

Same for me. Like having the chance to properly explore a game and sometimes trying to do that on hard on a first playthrough is too much of a chore. Saying that games like ME2 ive completed on all difficultities. All down to replayability

Wow the app for p&b is fucking terrible

@mrbrightside

I don't really see what your point is , the story for the first one was better but 2 was much more enjoyable to play through. The reason people dislike the 2nd is because the locations were pretty samey as the first and there was no big twist at the end, do I care? No, because it was more enjoyable to play.

The game took me maybe 15 hours on hard, and it wasn't that much of a challenge, a few parts needed to be repeated at the end but, overall a pretty easy playthru. Friend has borrowed the game fro the me, so I've borrowed his Bioshock 2 and I'm going thru Rapture again.

Archived