Unpopular opinions.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get yourself to Mountain Warehouse and invest in a really good jacket. I much prefer winter to summer and I've already listed the reasons in another post weeks ago. You can always put on more layers in winter whereas there's only so much you can take off before it becomes socially unacceptable.

One thing I never listed in my last post that I hate about summer is the scumbags a few streets over (yet I still hear them) blaring their fucking music outside. At winter these kind of cretins don't seem to appear.

Aye, it's fantastic wearing 8 layers to go and watch the football.  Get a jacket? That's your advice to enjoy the winter?  I've also really missed getting up 15 minutes earlier every morning just to scrape ice off my car.  Winter is pish in every single way, genuinely don't think it has one redeeming feature.

I've genuinely never experienced heat in Scotland where I've had to strip down to my drawers in a public place. Sunny weather allows you to do things outside in comfort, winter weather allows you to sit at home be miserable as f**k.

Aye, it's fantastic wearing 8 layers to go and watch the football.  Get a jacket? That's your advice to enjoy the winter?  I've also really missed getting up 15 minutes earlier every morning just to scrape ice off my car.  Winter is pish in every single way, genuinely don't think it has one redeeming feature.
I've genuinely never experienced heat in Scotland where I've had to strip down to my drawers in a public place. Sunny weather allows you to do things outside in comfort, winter weather allows you to sit at home be miserable as f**k.
My point is if you invest in a decent jacket you wouldn't need to wear layers. I got a decent jacket from MW and last winter I could easily just wear that and a tshirt underneath. If you're having to wear that many layers then your jacket obviously isn't great.

I never scrape the car either. Cold water over the windscreen does the trick a lot faster.

It was stuffy as f**k down here only 3 days ago. I hadn't been at work an hour and felt like I needed a shower. On top of that it was raining as well. So outside you had to wear a jacket to stop from getting wet but by wearing the jacket it was even warmer.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My point is if you invest in a decent jacket you wouldn't need to wear layers. I got a decent jacket from MW and last winter I could easily just wear that and a tshirt underneath. If you're having to wear that many layers then your jacket obviously isn't great.

I never scrape the car either. Cold water over the windscreen does the trick a lot faster.

It was stuffy as f**k down here only 3 days ago. I hadn't been at work an hour and felt like I needed a shower. On top of that it was raining as well. So outside you had to wear a jacket to stop from getting wet but by wearing the jacket it was even warmer.

What you need is a shite jacket.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does this jacket cover your legs and feet as well?  My point is having to get wrapped up to deal with weather is a pish state of affairs. 

My car is usually parked a wee bit away from the house so I'm not carting a bucket of water down to get rid of ice. You're still getting up earlier to deal with weather on your car, again it's a pish state of affairs.

It's been warm here too, luckily this is 2018 and we have things such as air conditioning and fans which can stop you from sweating like a rapist at work. You need yourself a summer jacket, not sure if Mountain Warehouse do those :P 

15 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Never had neeps, but i do love tatties between two slices of bread with brown sauce.

Never had neeps?

I find this difficult to believe. What other vegetables have you never tasted in your life?

wq7fm.jpg.40f527ea257e5da9efe71d5315f91850.jpg

Aye. Do it with the last wee bit of mash potatoes sometimes.

Never had neeps?
I find this difficult to believe. What other vegetables have you never tasted in your life?

Cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus. Like most veg (wouldnt think it when you see the size of me)

I don't suffer from the b*****d that is hayfever in the winter. That alone makes it better than the summer.
You need the Kenalog injection. I suffer(ed) really badly with that b*****d for 17 years, my summers were spent indoors where possible (so much so I now have a Vitamin D deficiency [emoji38]) I had always known about the injection but the NHS did away with it. There is a medical practice down here that does it for £40 though.

See if you can find out if there is anywhere near you who offers it. I've not had a bit of bother with Hayfever since having it. I can see a wee bit now why folk enjoy summer.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d guess you don’t suffer it quite badly if that’s the case. It’s fairly horrendous, so I can fully understand why some people are desperate for winter.

I've had it for years, it is pretty bad. I just hate winter, its dark and miserable and I find life a real struggle.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've had it for years, it is pretty bad. I just hate winter, its dark and miserable and I find life a real struggle.

If given the option between permanent flu-like symptoms and a bit of cold, dark and wet weather, I’d take the latter. I do still enjoy summer though to be fair.

Why are people suggesting anyone should shop in the scheme goblin-filled hellhole that is Mountain Warehouse? Any suggestion that it has in any way “decent” products is an exaggeration, or a stroke of luck based on them fucking up their manufacturing so that they somehow managed to produce something vaguely acceptable for once.

Their jacket was so good that I bought another one in a different colour. Of the few shops remaining in Dumfries, Mountain Warehouse is one that doesn't come close to attracting the schemies. Not sure what use they would have for a shop like that tbh.

Brighthouse and JD is a far bigger draw for the likes of those.