Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Reign Over Me? Genuinely incredible film that I think can best be summed up as “Adam Sandler develops autism from 9/11.”

What nonsense is this?!

I think were referring to most of his other output. 

He doesn't act like an idiotic man child in Reign Over Me. He plays a massively destroyed guy not coping with a horrendous devastating loss.

Great film.

It's films like Billy Madison, Little Nicky and Waterboy where he plays an idiotic man child.

What nonsense is this?!
I think were referring to most of his other output. 
He doesn't act like an idiotic man child in Reign Over Me. He plays a massively destroyed guy not coping with a horrendous devastating loss.
Great film.
It's films like Billy Madison, Little Nicky and Waterboy where he plays an idiotic man child.

I watched it last year. He spends the majority of the movie throwing tantrums in a weird accent and calling Don Cheadle “a faggot”. It’s genuinely some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen as well. Nic Cage would be embarrassed if he churned out a performance like that.

Just now, NotThePars said:

I watched it last year. He spends the majority of the movie throwing tantrums in a weird accent and calling Don Cheadle “a faggot”. It’s genuinely some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen as well. Nic Cage would be embarrassed if he churned out a performance like that.

Yikes! Can't agree. What about the scenes where he's installing his umpteenth new kitchen? Or having to be dragged through court? 

Think it's a great performance, totally different to his usual clowning stuff.

Was it not the Flash he called a 'faggot'.

Yikes! Can't agree. What about the scenes where he's installing his umpteenth new kitchen? Or having to be dragged through court? 
Think it's a great performance, totally different to his usual clowning stuff.
Was it not the Flash he called a 'faggot'.

Fairly certain he repeatedly calls Don Cheadle it for not ditching his wife to come play video games at midnight?

You've not seen many bad films if that's some of the worst acting you've witnessed.

Tennent's is perfectly fine.

It's nothing special. It's nothing terrible.

It's a decent beer. That's all. There are loads better than it. There are loads worse than it.

It's never my first choice but it's always something I'm happy to settle for should the choices be limited and/or poor (last Saturday before the match being a good example).

Duncan Ferguson though.

When they talk about hard guys in football it's usually wee shitebag sniders like Roy Keane and Scott Brown who fire about knowing they get away with more than others and who do wee sneaky fouls. Total cowards who would fill themselves in a real situation.

Duncan Ferguson was a genuine mentalist who went to jail for headbutting a Raith player during a game (well kind of; it was the final straw in a list of offences).

Guest Moomintroll
Jacob Rees Mogg is alright.
Retire your Alan Bennett avatar immediately. To be fair, I think he is a bit more self aware than most people think. He is still Victorian Dad from Viz however.

Retire your Alan Bennett avatar immediately. To be fair, I think he is a bit more self aware than most people think. He is still Victorian Dad from Viz however.

I find him hilarious because of how Victorian he is, but overall he comes across far better than he gets credit for and is quite funny. His interview with Ali G was priceless!

Tennent's is perfectly fine.
It's nothing special. It's nothing terrible.
It's a decent beer. That's all. There are loads better than it. There are loads worse than it.
It's never my first choice but it's always something I'm happy to settle for should the choices be limited and/or poor (last Saturday before the match being a good example).

I agree

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Duncan Ferguson though.

When they talk about hard guys in football it's usually wee shitebag sniders like Roy Keane and Scott Brown who fire about knowing they get away with more than others and who do wee sneaky fouls. Total cowards who would fill themselves in a real situation.

Duncan Ferguson was a genuine mentalist who went to jail for headbutting a Raith player during a game (well kind of; it was the final straw in a list of offences).

Ferguson was mental, but that was a non-incident and McStay collapsed to make sure he got sent off.

Duncan Ferguson though.

This. I remember Rino Gattuso‘s pathetic head butt attempt on a 60 year old Joe Jordan and the media getting all excited about. Souness said after the game that if the two of them went in to a quiet room and he tried that, only Joe Jordan would be walking back out.

Vinnie Jones also. Knocked the f**k out of 2 guys after being glassed and half his face was hanging off.

Thomas Graveson is another one I wouldn’t have wanted to cross.