Can Thistle win a crunch game at last?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cant score.

We cant keep a cleansheet.

We dont know what formation will be coming our way next.

£17 to watch what will probably be utter mince but there you go.

3-2 Albion.

Actually, you have and therefore can.

Not pretty to watch, but effective.

With Robertson out I imagine we don't have enough defenders to play 3-5-2/5-3-2 so a 4-4-2 might be the better option

Halliwell

Paton Balatoni McNamara Boyle

Cairney Bannigan Rowson Flannigan

Doolan Buchanan

Seems alright.

McCall still looking for that "elusive" shape he keeps rambling on about. It's the players he doesn't have -- not the shape which isn't there ...nologo.gif

McCall still looking for that "elusive" shape he keeps rambling on about. It's the players he doesn't have -- not the shape which isn't there ...nologo.gif

Absolute rubbish (not you Dublinjag) but our performance, we do not have a clue on the pitch. I completely despair for the rest of the season.

I really don't care for this team at the moment.

It's not hatred. It's complete annoyance with them during the game, and then I feel completely apathetic about the club and the players until the next game comes around.

Going for a laugh with pals is the only reason I actually go to games anymore.

Apathetic is right. I honestly didn't care we lost today. Not one bit. We left the game just joking around about how much of a disaster our club is.

Stirling were rancid, and we were somehow about 3 times worse. Oh well. Onwards and downwards.

What I found quite funny was the stewards surrounding the directors' box and a wee bit of the pitch in case of protest.

No-one cares any more, turn the lights off and lock the doors.

As for the game, I already watched it two weeks ago at Cowden. Only the timing of the goals was different.

When he took Doolan, our ONLY goal threat off when chasing the game at 1-1, I was momentarily angry. Then came the wave of apathy and resignation and with the goal, sad indifference.

Club's killing itself by a thousand cuts.

Oh, and if I were Doolan, I would be absolutely RAGING at McClueless.

Guest The Phoenix

Both teams got what they deserved today.

Something is far wrong at Firhill. :(

I thought Thistle's number 16 was possibly the worst player I've seen in many a long year. He did seem to have a bit of pace but his control and passing were woeful.

Great strike from Smith to win the game.

I thought Thistle's number 16 was possibly the worst player I've seen in many a long year. He did seem to have a bit of pace but his control and passing were woeful.

Chris Erskine. Aye, he's absolute shite.

Some people are still calling for him to start in games. The sad part is, I don't think they're even joking.

It's an old cliche when your team gets beat but that was a honking game between two poor sides, separated by a moment of quality.

It's a worrying time for us. The squad is evidently poor but the manager is emphasising this with suicidal tactics. Doolan was our only goal threat, and even at that, wasn't particularly dangerous but we were screwed as soon as the manager took him off for Grehan who, despite being a lovely bloke, hasn't shown any signs that he can cut it at this level. Erskine hasn't improved since he signed and that is a disgrace. His positioning and defensive work are non-existent and his ability to beat players rely on a large element of luck most of the time.

It was the case last season and it is so again to a greater extent - any team with any element of pace will always cause us problems. I didn't think Stirling were particularly pacey but Smith was at least nippy and that seemed to suffice. Halliwell never held a ball all day and always needed two chances at it. Maxwell came into the team to serve a purpose against Dundee yet now seems one of the first picks despite having zero pace and the manager admitting that he would only play a peripheral part in the team. I haven't been impressed with Balatoni at all; poor distribution, not very quick and doesn't anticipate things. Paton is always going to be limited until he uses his left foot more which, admittedly, he has been recently. He has the ability to be a big threat from full back but he rarely gets to the byline and mostly checks back or lofts a pointless ball into the back post.

If a horse had been racing as poorly as Buchanan has been playing for the last year, the owners would have retired and shot the fucker. He is truly abysmal. Can't finish, can't run, can't trap a ball. I mean, Martyn fucking Corrigan outpaced him today! I said about a two years ago that I doubted he would play at a higher level than the First and that is abundantly clear now.

There are obviously deeper problems at Firhill currently but I won't be paying good money to watch the manager sabotage the team every week then plead innocence because he has no funds. The board don't take any notice of the fans but maybe they might if an increasing number don't bother turning up.

Congratulations to Stirling on their win. It still bewilders me why Forsyth hasn't moved on because he is a cracking full back and one I wanted us to sign to replace Marc Twaddle eighteen months ago.

Guest The Phoenix

It still bewilders me why Forsyth hasn't moved on because he is a cracking full back and one I wanted us to sign to replace Marc Twaddle eighteen months ago.

Ross was one of our poorer performers today.

He's struggling for full fitness and is having to make challenges that last season he would have been first to the ball for.

He's also far less effective going forward than in previous seasons.

Hopefully, if he can get his fitness level up, he'll be back to his best soon.

Archived