Can Thistle win a crunch game at last?

Erskine hasn't improved since he signed and that is a disgrace. His positioning and defensive work are non-existent and his ability to beat players rely on a large element of luck most of the time.

His positional sense in particular is terrible.

He has no idea where to position himself most of the time. He basically has a free role when he comes on because he doesn't know where to stand.

The only one who comes close to him for poor positional sense is Damon Gray, but that was more because he was thick.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always look out for the Thistle result, been to a few of their games in the past and they're the team i think i'd support if St Mirren ever went out of business.

Real shame the team is in the state it is at the moment.

Perhaps relegation to the second would be good for the long term. The sacking of McCall and a promotion winning season may galvanise the supporters and the club.

Back to back promotions like the kind you had under Lambie may be a bit over ambitious, but i'm sure you'd come back stronger.

Always look out for the Thistle result, been to a few of their games in the past and they're the team i think i'd support if St Mirren ever went out of business.

Perhaps relegation to the second would be good for the long term. The sacking of McCall and a promotion winning season may galvanise the supporters and the club.

Back to back promotions like the kind you had under Lambie may be a bit over ambitious, but i'm sure you'd come back stronger.

We can't afford to sack McCall and relegation could kill us.

We can't afford to sack McCall and relegation could kill us.

Is the difference financially between the first and second that much now? I'm sure a title run in the second would result in significantly higher gates than you're attracting now - under 2000 today,

It'd also bring back some feel good factor.

I'm sure McCall would leave by ' mutual consent ' if you went down.

As PotM has said, relegation would be the final nail in our coffin. The club is on its knees thanks to the people in charge yet they are under the impression that they are doing a good job. The style of football is driving supporters away yet the manager is in no danger of getting sacked. He batters on about not having any money to spend and not being able to financially compete with others in the league yet has just lost consecutive games to part-time teams with much smaller budgets.

I really don't think I'll have a club to support in five years time.

Is the difference financially between the first and second that much now? I'm sure a title run in the second would result in significantly higher gates than you're attracting now - under 2000 today,

It'd also bring back some feel good factor.

I'm sure McCall would leave by ' mutual consent ' if you went down.

Crowd numbers are haemorrhaging (I'd say we're at least 400 paying punters per game down on last season, ) and 2nd Division Football would see them drop even more spectacularly. We couldn't even balance our books on crowds in the high 2000s a couple of seasons back, and I expect as big a loss, if not bigger for the season just passed, in which we (again) lost circa 300-400 punters off the gate.

The Club is drowning in a pool of apathy. It's truly horrible.

Guest The Phoenix

KickTalk Radio

interviews with both managers. Interesting to hear Ian McCall say he can't put his finger on it...

Of less interest is the female "pundit" at the end, unless of course slitting your wrists is high on your agenda.

I really don't care for this team at the moment.

It's not hatred. It's complete annoyance with them during the game, and then I feel completely apathetic about the club and the players until the next game comes around.

Going for a laugh with pals is the only reason I actually go to games anymore.

The worrying thing is that Thistle dominated the first half, but I dont think they made our goalie make an actual save, and then when McCall made the changes at half time you stank the place out in the 2nd half and once we scored the equaliser apart from hitting the post you totally vanished from the game.

Poor show from the Wraggs, probably the worst performance I've seen from the Jags and I've seen Nelson Still play.

Football in Scotland is in a right financial mess.

Its a sad day when one of the bigger, well established First Division clubs is in such a mess that it cant afford to sack it manager.

Changes to the game will need to happen, sooner rather than later.

Almost all the bigger First Division clubs are (or have been) in dire straights chasing the elusive SPL slot.

Sad times ahead :(

Was in the pub with my scarf and my season ticket around 12.30pm. There was only 5 of us there which is lower then normal, of that 5 only 2 went to the game.

The club have my money, I can't be fucked anymore.

Why would I leave the pub where I was enjoying a drink, a laugh and the football on the telly to go to Firhill and watch shite football played by a bunch of cretins who don't try who are commanded by the most useless twat on the planet? Not forgetting there is no atmosphere and actual matchday experience is rubbish.

I figured sitting in the pub would be a better way to spend the afternoon. It was.

my theory was that partick would spend money in janurary but maybe im wrong, we might have a chance to stay up alough i have to say i dont like hearing when football clubs are having money problems its not a nice thing to hear about your club.

my theory was that partick would spend money in janurary but maybe im wrong, we might have a chance to stay up alough i have to say i dont like hearing when football clubs are having money problems its not a nice thing to hear about your club.

We won't spend money in January. We can't even afford to bring in another loan after Balatoni goes back to Hearts.

Was in the pub with my scarf and my season ticket around 12.30pm. There was only 5 of us there which is lower then normal, of that 5 only 2 went to the game.

The club have my money, I can't be fucked anymore.

Why would I leave the pub where I was enjoying a drink, a laugh and the football on the telly to go to Firhill and watch shite football played by a bunch of cretins who don't try who are commanded by the most useless twat on the planet? Not forgetting there is no atmosphere and actual matchday experience is rubbish.

I figured sitting in the pub would be a better way to spend the afternoon. It was.

It must be fucking brutal if you have a season ticket and still don't go. FWIW I would have been happier with McCall than Jism and you guys could have had a fresh start, but, I suppose your directors fucked that one up as well, with their greed.

Archived