Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

I'm maybe missing something but what's wrong with that exchange? :unsure: She's asking if you want milk, not what colour of sugar it is. It's not an unreasonable question when offering someone coffee. Maybe it's just the timing and you had to actually hear it.

Your not the only one that was thinking that. :ph34r:

I'm maybe missing something but what's wrong with that exchange? :unsure: She's asking if you want milk, not what colour of sugar it is. It's not an unreasonable question when offering someone coffee. Maybe it's just the timing and you had to actually hear it.

Your not the only one that was thinking that. :ph34r:

There's quotation marks around the "black sugar" as well, it was part of the conversation, not an observation by the poster.

There's quotation marks around the "black sugar" as well, it was part of the conversation, not an observation by the poster.

Ah, I suppose it depends who said that then? It's not clear. There's quotation marks round the smiley too.

I'm presuming it wasn't the brother's girlfriend who said it since she would have been the one who said "Is that black or white?". Maybe his own wife / girlfriend said it then and it's her he's laughing at. I had presumed it was focused at the brother's girlfriend but maybe not.

Ah, I suppose it depends who said that then? It's not clear. There's quotation marks round the smiley too.

I'm presuming it wasn't the brother's girlfriend who said it since she would have been the one who said "Is that black or white?". Maybe his own wife / girlfriend said it then and it's her he's laughing at. I had presumed it was focused at the brother's girlfriend but maybe not.

Your ability to suck the humour from a situation is second to none.

Yes, it was his wife/girlfriend said it! The quotiation marks around the smiley would suggest that was her facial expression after (thinking) she'd been asked what colour sugar she wanted.

Edited by Mrs M

A girl at my work has, I think, two degrees and is doing a masters, lots of 5000 word essays which she rattles off.

At my work we have to cook for the service users and on this particular day i went to see this girl as she made breakfast for on of the guys, she was standing holding a tray of susages, poking at them.

Her; do these look ok?

Me; bit undercooked , give them a while longer.

At this point she put them in the oven and shut the door complaining that they were taking ages to cook.

Me; well they will cook in the oven I probably would have put them under the grill.

Her; the are under the grill.

the oven is one of those with the grill inside, I investigated and found the sausages on the middle shelf with another shelf above them and on this shelf, sheilding the hot grill element was a big metal tray.

My bird was at a training course in Bradford last week, she has a friend currently in Switzerland and one of her mates in Glasgow text her and the mate in Switzerland asking them if they could see the moon. When they both replied that they could she sent out another message to them both exclaiming how weird/exciting it was that they were in 3 different countries (two of them being Scotland and England) but could all see the moon :unsure: :unsure:

My bros girlfriend: "Fancy a coffee?"

My girlfriend: "Yes please, 2 sugars."

My bros girlfriend: "Black or white?"

My girlfriend: "Black sugar?:blink:"

Watching TV in halls at uni:

Girl: Who's that?

Me: Michael McIntyre

Girl: What does he do?

Me: (Wondering how it isn't obvious that the man on TV telling jokes is a comedian) He's a comedian.

Girl: What does he comedian for?

Me: What do you mean?

Girl: What does he comedian for?

Me: I don't know what that means? Do you mean why is he a comedian?

Girl: No, what does he comedian about?

Me: I'm going to the shops.

I don't know the lassie and that has really annoyed me!

Do you know yet what she was talking about?

Yeah, I get it now. Sorry. Wasn't obvious to me that it was your other half in the conversation, not you. Apologies. :)

I do not understand this response. There is a smiley (a smiley face) in it but no quotation marks. What is the face saying? I think faces are perfectly reasonable things to have. What does all of this mean?

I do not understand this response. There is a smiley (a smiley face) in it but no quotation marks. What is the face saying? I think faces are perfectly reasonable things to have. What does all of this mean?

F**k off Smugpy. Stick that in your smiley face. :)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Today we went to my brothers girlfriends place with out 3 month old dughter. My bros girlfriend said to her:

"Fancy a coffee?"

"Yes, 2 sugars please."

"Is that black or white?"

"Black sugar? :blink:"

I thought it was your 3 month old daughter that was having the conversation. ;)

I don't know the lassie and that has really annoyed me!

Do you know yet what she was talking about?

No, and I never will because I don't see her anymore. She was a fucking idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this counts but here goes.

I was at a mates watching the Scotland game yesterday and about 10 minutes to go I get a call from the missus.

"Look I think you have to come home I think we have a leak, I can here water dripping under the sink."

It didn't sound urgent so I watched the last 10 minutes and left to see what was going on.

I got home and she said "Come here, listen. Do you hear it?"

Me: "Hear what?

Her: "That!!!....tic tic tic tic."

By now I'm bemused wondering what she going on about.

I crawl under the sink to have a look and can't see anything wrong.

Me: "Ithink you're hear things."

Her: "No, Listen."

So we both move closer to where she can hear "water dripping" and then I realised..........it was the clock on the wall above the sink fucking ticking......tic tic tic tic :lol:.

Daft b*****d.