Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Watching Heidi (2015 dubbed version) with missus and daughter. Wife keeps complaining "The lip syncing is terrible". I try and explain to her that it's dubbed from Afrikaans and therefore unlikely to have the actors' lips moving in perfect time to the words we hear. She still doesn't get it. "The actors are not speaking English. The English you are hearing is voiceover artists" I try and explain. 

"But their lips are moving at a different speed". 

This continued and she still can't grasp it. She has a similar issue with music videos and can't get her head around the idea that the person we see in the video isn't singing live into the mic as they dance about etc. 

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Watching Heidi (2015 dubbed version) with missus and daughter. Wife keeps complaining "The lip syncing is terrible". I try and explain to her that it's dubbed from Afrikaans and therefore unlikely to have the actors' lips moving in perfect time to the words we hear. She still doesn't get it. "The actors are not speaking English. The English you are hearing is voiceover artists" I try and explain. 

This continued and she still can't grasp it. She has a similar issue with music videos and can't get her head around the idea that the person we see in the video isn't singing live into the mic as they dance about etc. 

I take it she has great tits?

:whistle

Stick on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for her. Go on!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2016 at 16:44, Shandon Par said:

Similar to this - about 10 years ago I was in a mates house getting ready for a night out.  His mum was having a big rant about something and eventually he asked her what she was talking about.  Conversation went something like this.  I've put the mum bits in pink :wub: ) and the sons bit in blue.

"Whats up with you?"

"Its that bloody Crimewatch son they are hopeless, its no wonder they don't catch anyone".

"What?"

"Well they are always mixing up the pictures and stuff!!"

"What"

"They just showed you a video of a guy robbing a bank and then the picture of the person they are chasing and it was a different guy!!!"

"You mean the reconstruction video?"

"Aye"

"Well they aren't going to get the guy who did the crime in for the reconstruction and then release him again so they can chase him are they?"

"What?"

"Its a reconstruction of what happened mum, its no the actual guy"

"You've lost me, it showed the video of the guy holding up the bank!"

"What on CCTV footage?"

"No in the video they do"

"Aye so its a reconstruction"

"THEY'VE PUT A DIFFERENT GUY IN THE VIDEO TO THE PICTURE THEY SHOWED SON!!!"

"Forget it"

Lying in bed last night when the wife pipes up.

Wifey - Guess what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon?

Me - (some kind of I don't care grunt)

Wifey - putting up the Works Xmas tree

Me - isn't that supposed to be 12 days before?

Wifey - (sarcastically) and what date is tomorrow? 

Me - 14th 

Wifey - is it?

Me - Dumbass 

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Lying in bed last night when the wife pipes up.

Wifey - Guess what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon?

Me - (some kind of I don't care grunt)

Wifey - putting up the Works Xmas tree

Me - isn't that supposed to be 12 days before?

Wifey - (sarcastically) and what date is tomorrow? 

Me - 14th 

Wifey - is it?

Me - Dumbass 

I wouldn't bother sending that one in to Readers' Wives. 

My wife bought a few storage containers for left over food from the slow cooker so she can chuck them in the fridge and clean the cooker.
For the last two weeks she has been going on about one being missing and blaming the child for losing it.
I havent given this much thought in fact the expression when she asks is a long the lines of D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F .
I got up a tad earlier than normal today and decided the tassimo can make my coffee... where i discovered she had used this container to hold all the pods for it and has done for about a month.

Do i leave a note and bring this daftness to an end or do i let her continue the search??

13 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

My wife bought a few storage containers for left over food from the slow cooker so she can chuck them in the fridge and clean the cooker.
For the last two weeks she has been going on about one being missing and blaming the child for losing it.
I havent given this much thought in fact the expression when she asks is a long the lines of D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F .
I got up a tad earlier than normal today and decided the tassimo can make my coffee... where i discovered she had used this container to hold all the pods for it and has done for about a month.

Do i leave a note and bring this daftness to an end or do i let her continue the search??

Leave her to stew, wrap the thing up on Xmas eve (with the coffee pods still in), leave it in it's current position and tell her on Xmas day

A nice bit of festive seeth

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the chase and the question was "the adjective volatile comes from the Latin word meaning what?" With the possible answers being either Loving, Flying or Squeaking.

I said Flying and the missus said "aye cause projectile means like flying. Like projectile vomiting"

"Aye but the words volatile"

"Aye projectile *does projectile vomiting motion* projectile flying"

"Aye....but the words volatile..."

"Aaaayyye project...wait..oh"

Total cranial meltdown. Can't even understand English. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And Aldi.  None of your foreign muck here.

Is what you should have said.

She still has a bit of Yes/No referendum resentment and sees Lidl as a beacon of goodness. 

Also, we watched an episode of Quarry last night. At the end of it she said how much she'd enjoyed it and asked if it's meant to be set in the 1970s. I won't plot spoil it but it starts with a couple of guys coming home from Vietnam, goes into bits about the 1972 presidential election, talks an awful lot about 1970s matters and is very clearly set in the 1970s. Even if you were half asleep the clothes, hair, cars, outfits, sets etc might give it away. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hahaha is it meant to be set in the 70s.....

Naw hen they had a time travelling accident on set and had to make do

It's set in Tennessee and I think she just thought they were all a bit god-fearing and backwards.