Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

I got this yesterday from the girlfriends mum, so will be giving it a bash later. I presume it would be a good idea to finish Fallout 3 first, or does it not matter?

The games don't relate to each other, so I would just go to play new vegas. It is MUCH better than FO3.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

What a bizzare little man you are.

No, you're just wrong. If you're able to do hardcore then you're not shite. Shite players won't be able to do it on hardcore. I'm not shite, well I don't think I am, but I can't do it on it.

Doing this annoying mission at Helios 1, but I'm two skill points away from hacking the terminal which controls the gun turrets, and it's impossible to do without managing this.

Also, found a strange mission called 'Booted' where I have to free a couple of powder gangers from the Legion guys. I hate both of these cretins, but one of the boys from Novak won't give me a vital clue for the main mission unless I do this. Thing is, there's loads of the legion boys, and as soon as I've set the 2nd ganger free, they're on me in a shot.

Also stuck at the mission where you have to clear the rocket mine from these freakishly big (and sometimes invisible!) mutants.

Three missions I'm in the middle of, and I canny dae any of them. laugh.gif

Is the Helios 1 quest the one with Fantastic and the solar panels?

If it is that Lucky Old Sun, then it might be useful to look at this possibility; Minor(if any) spoilers

Also what quest will he fail if he takes them off.

I've moved on to Level 6 now, so I've added the points needed to hack the terminal. I'll try it next time I'm over there.

Been doing a bit of exploring, found the Hidden Valley, and also Black Mountain with its supermutants. Don't really have the stats to effectively try the missions there. Also stumbled across my first deathclaw, which was supposedly a bairn one. Let's just say I'm no keen to run into its maw and da' anytime soon.

Loving this game much more than Fallout 3, but I can't put my finger on why.

I'm not finding Hardcore much of a challenge, to be honest. Fast travel to the Lucky 38 before every mission, rest for twelve hours, eat some food and drink some water from the sink and you're good to go.

That Helios 1 mission is a swine. Managed finally to destroy all the robot things on the way to the control panel, and when I get there, the power's down, so I have to fix the generator. Only I don't have enough 'repair' skill (or a bit of scrap metal), so this mission canny be completed until at least the next time I level up. mad.gif

Talking of which, is there any way, outwith the missions and randomly killing things, that you can build up XP points?

That Helios 1 mission is a swine. Managed finally to destroy all the robot things on the way to the control panel, and when I get there, the power's down, so I have to fix the generator. Only I don't have enough 'repair' skill (or a bit of scrap metal), so this mission canny be completed until at least the next time I level up. mad.gif

Talking of which, is there any way, outwith the missions and randomly killing things, that you can build up XP points?

You get XP whenever you pick a lock, hack a terminal or win a speech challenge.

I managed to finish that mission buy getting a hold of the 'fixing things' magazine which boosted my repair skill by 10 temporarily.

Got to New Vegas, and fancied some action at the strip, but you need 2000 caps to get in, and I've nowhere near that. sad.gif

I'm currently just going about exploring, you get xp for discovering new locations, and you can tally up some kills on the way. I've already said it but one of the perks, think it's called Explorer but no idea what level it's at, shows the locations on the map(the discovered one are normal and the undiscovered ones are slightly transparent) so it's just a matter of fast travelling and heading in a directions, knocking them off one by one. Good way to get the XP and helps if you need to go places for quests.

I managed to finish that mission buy getting a hold of the 'fixing things' magazine which boosted my repair skill by 10 temporarily.

Got to New Vegas, and fancied some action at the strip, but you need 2000 caps to get in, and I've nowhere near that. sad.gif

Easier way:

Go to Mick and Ralphs in Freeside, you can inquire about his other stuff(might be a speech challenge) and he can get you a passport. Costs about 500 caps.

Or you can go to the King's Impersonation School and talk to The King, once you do his quests, you get a favour that you can use to get the passport

Cheers, I've only just got to Vegas, so I've not really done much exploring yet. Picked up my first companion along the way, some chick called Veronica who seems like she can handle herself. Might head back to Novac and try and get Boone to tag along too.

Cheers, I've only just got to Vegas, so I've not really done much exploring yet. Picked up my first companion along the way, some chick called Veronica who seems like she can handle herself. Might head back to Novac and try and get Boone to tag along too.

You can only have one at a time I think.

Where did you get Veronica from? I'm off to Jacobstown to try and get the nightkin one, just got they are mean son of a bitches.

Where did you get Veronica from?

On the road up to Vegas from Novac, there's a wee station posted there (canny mind the name of it), and she kicks about there. She looks pretty frail, but if she trusts you when you speak to her, she reveals herself as a Brotherhood of Steel follower, and she knows how to fight. Next time I put it on, gonnae see if she can help me gain access to the main bunker in the Hidden Valley, as I believe that's one of their lookouts.

I love how you can have loads of quests on the go at the one time in this game. I'm struggling with the Black Mountain mission, even with Neil's help (and Veronica!), but any time I'm sick of dying, I just pop along to see if I can finish off another quest. I daresay I'll eventually reach 'the wall' where I can't do any of the quests and there's no more left until I finish others, but that looks a while off.

I've accepted a mission which involves finding Vault 22, anyone done that yet?

There's another simple way of doing that Helios One mission

Upstairs in the room where the generator is there's a robot in stasis which will fix it for you if you have either a high enough science skill or a Poseidon Energy Staff Card, which you can find on the floor in one of the rooms you go through before

On the road up to Vegas from Novac, there's a wee station posted there (canny mind the name of it), and she kicks about there. She looks pretty frail, but if she trusts you when you speak to her, she reveals herself as a Brotherhood of Steel follower, and she knows how to fight. Next time I put it on, gonnae see if she can help me gain access to the main bunker in the Hidden Valley, as I believe that's one of their lookouts.

Trading Post 188 is an NCR place sad.gif They ain't too fond of me

Archived