Minecraft!

Ric

Ridiculously so. One of those games you can sit down for 5 minutes saying to yourself, "I'll just fix that fence, then grab some lunch", only to find 10 hours later you are sitting in a darkened room and marvelling at a half build cathedral.

I've done this too many times already. The first day I downloaded it I thought I'd just knock up a simple wee house to keep myself safe from creepers & zombies etc. About 6 hours later I was just finishing off the glass ceiling on the 3rd floor above the mezzanine in my house.

Devilishly addictive.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS.

Currently building a massive continental redstone powered railway, with undersea and above ground elements.

I also have automatic track switching devices and have set up a redstone circuit that allows you to press a button to call a cart to your station.

It also has four seperate lines running from a central station.

I'm too addicted :( :(

I now have the simple solution to doors fitted. Pressure plates. You can't not shut the door. How did I never think of this before?

Watch out though, cos creepers can get in using pressure plates. I use a button on the outside and a pressure plate on the inside to stop this :)

Watch out though, cos creepers can get in using pressure plates. I use a button on the outside and a pressure plate on the inside to stop this :)

Aye, I got caught out by a zombie. Swiftly dispatched it and took away the outside pressure plate.

I'm still on my original house location, but it's no longer the sheltering cave it was when I began. It's not the most impressive building I've ever seen, but I'm proud of it.

post-3435-0-27354700-1349137744_thumb.pnpost-3435-0-37502900-1349137751_thumb.pn

post-3435-0-49115100-1349137758_thumb.pnpost-3435-0-33451700-1349137768_thumb.pn

post-3435-0-53756800-1349137775_thumb.pn

Anyone know where I might acquire this for free?

You can download the classic editions for free, but the full version is only ten quid.

In other news, I've built a device the loads creepers in to minecarts and fires them away down the track. Hilarity ensued earlier as my mate was continuing to build our railway system and I was loading minecarts with rails, Redstone etc and sending it down to him (he isn't OP so can't use creative mode).

Then I accidentally sent a train full of creepers I was messing around with of to him :lol: there were a lot of explosions about a minute later, and an hour of his work was wasted :lol:

Anyone know where I might acquire this for free?

Do you really need to ask? If you know how to search for the words "minecraft" and "torrent" you are as good as there.

Do you really need to ask? If you know how to search for the words "minecraft" and "torrent" you are as good as there.

Do you even need to go that far? I thought you could DL if for free from their site but you needed a username and pw to play online.

I thought single player was essentially free?

I have now installed a swimming pool round the back of my house, started crop farming and improved my in-house waterfall feature.

Fiendishly addictive this.

Is that a texture pack you are using? I like the look of it.

Today I mainly continued work on my rail lines, but also a hidden entrance to the Nether, concealed inside an abandoned temple, with dispensers that shoot arrows when a tripwire is activated. 8)

404014_10151191262657068_1031548118_n.jpg

Completed station building, with closeable doors to prevent creepers and such getting in when they end up in a cart.

527450_10151191262472068_1619654696_n.jpg

Lower level showing the 4 lines, platforms, autocart launchers and stairs to the upper level.

644718_10151191261832068_1960313828_n.jpg

Upper level, with signposts, various supply shops amd the main control building for all the track switching systems on all four lines, as well as lighting for the station with redstone lamps.

246568_10151191261412068_1216647912_n.jpg

Secret nether entrance, the lever closes the doors making it seem like a dead end, the whole building is surrounded with bedrock so no player can get in on survival mode 8)

That really looks top notch! However, I don't see the need in Creative Mode, I tend to feel much better about my creations no matter how small they are in Survival Mode rather than something ultimately amazing in Creative.

That really looks top notch! However, I don't see the need in Creative Mode, I tend to feel much better about my creations no matter how small they are in Survival Mode rather than something ultimately amazing in Creative.

This.

Although I have started to build a replica of McDiarmid Park in creative mode. Complete with toilets and cafeteria area.

I made the mistake of using Cobblestone instead of Stone but it's too late now. sad.gif

Does anyone have any tips for finding a decent amount of diamonds? I've found 3 diamonds so far, and I cannot for the life of me find any more.

You need to mine at the right level, anywhere around y=12 (press F3 to find co-ordinates). I then usually strip mine in that level as you get a good amount of every ore (not sure about Emerald's though)

Just to warn you though, lava is common at that level so be prepared!

Does anyone have any tips for finding a decent amount of diamonds? I've found 3 diamonds so far, and I cannot for the life of me find any more.

Just to warn you though, lava is common at that level so be prepared!

Pretty much the case. Find lava, find diamonds.

The long way about things is to craft a shit lot of pickaxes dig down as far as you can go then work horizontally. You'll sooner or later bump into the good stuff. Once you do, dig a diagonal set of steps back up to the surface.

The shorter way would be to find a natural cave which has a decent depth and some lava, do some digging around the bottom of that and you should find some.

The shortest way? Start a new game with a seed value that people say has lots of diamonds (you can find seeds here)

Pretty much the case. Find lava, find diamonds.

The long way about things is to craft a shit lot of pickaxes dig down as far as you can go then work horizontally. You'll sooner or later bump into the good stuff. Once you do, dig a diagonal set of steps back up to the surface.

The shorter way would be to find a natural cave which has a decent depth and some lava, do some digging around the bottom of that and you should find some.

The shortest way? Start a new game with a seed value that people say has lots of diamonds (you can find seeds here)

Dug down. Found about 8 diamonds yesterday.

The last thing I heard before landing in a pool of lava was the worst sound any Minecraft player can hear.

"Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss."

:(

Archived