Minecraft!

Ric

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does everyone play single player or are there any multi-player people's out there? Always wanted to play multi-player with someone but nobody else I know plays Minecraft.

I'm only on single player.

I think you need to be on multiplayer to have a chance at fighting the dragon etc.

Dug down. Found about 8 diamonds yesterday.

The last thing I heard before landing in a pool of lava was the worst sound any Minecraft player can hear.

"Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. "

:(

I used to play Minecraft back when it was a Beta, and I swear, I actually had nightmares about that sound. :ph34r:

I used to play Minecraft back when it was a Beta, and I swear, I actually had nightmares about that sound. :ph34r:

Heartbreaking sound. Cause you know when you've heard it, you're fucked. There's nothing you can do.

I survived the explosion, but it knocked me into a lava pool. So not only was I dead, I lost everything I was carrying. :(

If you go on the minecraft forum then there's open multiplayer games there, going around destroying stuff folk had built was far too fun.

I've seen folk griefing on YouTube. I find them funnier to watch when there's creative griefing going on. i.e someone laying a trap which someone walks into unknowingly.

Just walking about wrecking things seems a bit pointless.

If there wasn't a creative mode then online would be fun, all of you co-operating to create something really big, but as you can just drop offline and create something a lot easier with an editor then what's the point?

Survival SP for me, and with the inclusion of the NPC villages you don't need to be entirely on your own in the world. Survival, imo, still needs a fair bit of work on it though; beef up the actual survival element and add more realism into the game not unlike the TerraFirmaCraft mod.

If there wasn't a creative mode then online would be fun, all of you co-operating to create something really big, but as you can just drop offline and create something a lot easier with an editor then what's the point?

Survival SP for me, and with the inclusion of the NPC villages you don't need to be entirely on your own in the world. Survival, imo, still needs a fair bit of work on it though; beef up the actual survival element and add more realism into the game not unlike the TerraFirmaCraft mod.

I might fire onto multiplayer one day. But I think you need to create your own private server, with folk who'll play consistently and go fight the ender dragon etc.

Dug down. Found about 8 diamonds yesterday.

The last thing I heard before landing in a pool of lava was the worst sound any Minecraft player can hear.

"Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss."

:(

Mate had that as a ringtone once, you soon find out who plays the game in a group of guys when it goes off. Those who don't play just sit and stare, those who do are normally found in the corner of the room with their legs tucked up too their chests rocking backwards and forwards saying "no more.....no more"

I might fire onto multiplayer one day. But I think you need to create your own private server, with folk who'll play consistently and go fight the ender dragon etc.

I think I know how to set-up a server, but I think people could only play it when it's switched on on my computer.

A Minecraft server is very easily set up, as are more online game servers. Simply download the application and run. However the problem comes when opening up your router and firewall to allow users to connect to it. Do that wrongly and you can be open to all number of xploits and vulns.

Don't know if anyone has ever heard of Tekkit ? Clicky

Pretty awesome mod and runs well, lets you build all kind of electrical circuitry and automated machinery such as automated quarries and piping systems for mined resources.

It also lets you build operating nuclear reactors, which provide power akin to redstone, but far more efficiently. I built one earlier on outside a small NPC village, but I probably should have watched a video beforehand, as I pretty much destroyed the villages life's in a nuclear holocaust :lol:

250496_10151214186462068_564169079_n.jpg

A new reactor facility is under construction with blast proof fitting, a coolant system, temperature controls, computerized shutdown system and reactor shielding 8)

It happened again. :( I had four larger reactors operating some quarries and other machinery, a creeper blew up in the control room, destroying the control systems and causing my reactor to start to meltdown.

Thankfully I had an alarm system installed this time that sounded klaxons in my base and I legged it.

The resultant explosion took out an entire desert biome :(

Archived