E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I've had a look at the type of product you're talking about and it should be fine as long as you're running an HDMI cable all the way to the TV still, and you have an IR injector.

Edit: The IR injector will be the "eye" you're talking about.

Edited by Spain

1 minute ago, Spain said:

I've had a look at the type of product you're talking about and it should be fine as long as you're running an HDMI cable all the way to the TV still, and you have an IR injector.

Edit: The IR injector will be the "eye" you're talking about.

Yeah that's disappointing, the wall I'm putting the TV on is the chimney breast and is in the middle of the room and was hoping there would be no cables on show, which isn't looking like it's gonna happen!  Cheers for the help mate.

You might get a better deal but the delivery time will be much the same due to them all using openreach engineers.

The best bet is calling Virgin. They're the only ones that can offer a different service.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is the right section but here goes...

I have been using Sky Go on my laptop and my phone. I tried to log in on the laptop tonight to watch the football and it's telling me I can't use another device. This is the same device I was using to watch Sky Go last weekend! It's sitting there on my devices but it's telling me the laptop is now some mysterious third device. Is there any fix for this? I was really looking forward to watching the Ryder Cup with the flat to myself this weekend :(

24 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Windows 10 updates im fucked we on this laptop

Try the Techradar website on how to control updates on Windows 10, tells you how to control and manage how your OS downloads and installs updates. I wouldn't know if it works as I'm currently running Windows 7 because I have a lot of expensive XP programs I like to use.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-control-updates-on-windows-10-1307070

Hopefully this is helpful Jimmy.

Try the Techradar website on how to control updates on Windows 10, tells you how to control and manage how your OS downloads and installs updates. I wouldn't know if it works as I'm currently running Windows 7 because I have a lot of expensive XP programs I like to use.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-control-updates-on-windows-10-1307070

Hopefully this is helpful Jimmy.

Cheers I'll check it out[emoji106]

Don't know if this is the right section but here goes...

I have been using Sky Go on my laptop and my phone. I tried to log in on the laptop tonight to watch the football and it's telling me I can't use another device. This is the same device I was using to watch Sky Go last weekend! It's sitting there on my devices but it's telling me the laptop is now some mysterious third device. Is there any fix for this? I was really looking forward to watching the Ryder Cup with the flat to myself this weekend [emoji20]

I get the same message on my phone as well now even though it was working before. For such a large corporation the Sky Go platform really has been a disaster.

Was going to ask the same thing. Getting a 6030 interrupted error from skygo silverlight player.

Tried absolutely everything to fix it, cheesed off with sky. Paying stupid money to watch tv should entitle you to them supporting their products across all platforms. I'd phone up but they would just go through some mindless script.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Was going to ask the same thing. Getting a 6030 interrupted error from skygo silverlight player.

Tried absolutely everything to fix it, cheesed off with sky. Paying stupid money to watch tv should entitle you to them supporting their products across all platforms. I'd phone up but they would just go through some mindless script.

I came across this surfing the web.

Boom Operator
SeanBir

Re: SOLVED!!! Sky Go Error Message t:6030/ c:4110 or similar error : SOLVED!!!!!!!

Options

on ‎08-08-2014 02:52 PM

Also @wayne,

If the above does not solve your issue either then have a think about ANYTHING at all that may be installed on your computer or connected to it that may have the ability to redirect the video stream. 

Temaviewer is software that redirects the video stream to another device so it could be any other software that has that capability. I guess it is possible , for example, that  VNC, RDP, GOTOMYPC  or similar could cause it.

It's also possible (I'm guessing here) that something like a HDMI cable attached to the PC could cause it.

Error number 6033 from the list below is why I twigged TEAMVIEWER was my issue ...............

At the end of the day, there is an expansive list of errors below that can happen because of violations (percieved or otherwise)  of the digital rights management / copyright / copy protection.

Sky go to huge lenghts to try and prevent anything from rebroadcasting their streams and the side effect of this can often be that innocent users end up with errors for seemingly unconnected reasons like having teamviewer installed or a HDMI cable connected to an external monitor etc.!

As a complete aside, it is for that very reason I carry two phones with me. One has a stock version of Android running  and NO other software other than Sky Go on it.     My other phone I tweak as I like. The problem is that any "tweaking" with devices or installing other out of the ordinary software can often upset the Sky Go App on Android! It's much the same with a PC or laptop.

MediaElement failed to play the DRM-protected content.

The individualization component software failed to download to the user’s computer. This error occurs when the MediaElement is in the IndividualizingMediaElementState. One possible reason for this error is that the Silverlight client cannot connect to the Microsoft Individualization Server.

The license acquisition failed. This error occurs when the MediaElement is in the AcquiringLicense MediaElementState. One possible reason for this error is that the Silverlight Client cannot connect to the license server.

The individualization component software failed to install.

The installation of Silverlight on the client is out of date and needs to be updated.

The processing of the file header failed. For example, the header might be mal-formed.

License processing failed on the Silverlight client. This error occurs when the MediaElement is in the AcquiringLicense MediaElementState.

The PlayReady License server allows the server developer to return an error that is specific to the service. For example, the server might return one of these errors: "You need to pay your bill," "The service is unavailable," or "You have exhausted your monthly stream count." The SOAP exception that is returned from the license server has additional data in the CustomData field that is added by the server. You need to write application logic in the Silverlight application to interpret this. These responses are primarily used when you implement a custom license acquisition (see Add Custom Logic later in this topic).

The user disabled DRM in the Silverlight configuration settings of the client.

The maximum for individualization attempts was exceeded.

A DRM protocol error occurred.

A DRM license acquisition URL override is required.

A DRM license-acquisition redirect error occurred.

The user's HW configuration has changed in a significant way and the DRM state is no longer valid.

The user tried to acquire a license by using a stream (calling AcquireLicenseAsync; however, the stream is in unprotected content.

The DRM system does not support the client OS.

IBX service is not reachable. Some malware / spyware will block calls to *.microsoft.com so ensure that the machine is fully patched and protected.

The license contains an unsupported license protection.

The integrity of the secured video output connection has been compromised or lost.

The secured graphics connection requires renegotiation but could not be renegotiated.

A revoked High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) device is attached to the video output.

The graphics adapter or the driver has been tampered with.

A new graphics connection was added during playback and playback was halted.

Graphics device's driver certificate is invalid.

The domain is full and does not allow the user to add any more clients to this domain.

The client is not a domain member.

The domain account identifier is unknown.

DRM initialization failed - uninstall/reinstall of Silverlight should address the problem.

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I've had a few updates on Window 10 recently and since the last one I've noticed my laptop running slower. Anyone else had this problem?

Another reason to switch to Linux ! I hardly use Windows but when I do I normally check out task manager to see if any process is acting weirdly,

• 2 weeks later...

Need to send my laptop back to have one of the hard drives replaced as seemingly there is a fault (although I've not noticed any issues other than a Windows prompt). What's the best way to back-up the two hard drives to ensure I can copy everything back on once I get the laptop back?

I have a 500GB external hard drive so was planning to use that to copy stuff too. In the past I've used Seagate's Disc Wizard to make images of hard drives which can be mounted - handy for transferring stuff to a new PC. However, when I use the "clone disc" option it wants to delete all of the partitions on the external hard drive - not much use as I have stuff on it and if it asks me to do that for the second hard drive it'll surely wipe the back up for the first one!

Help/advice/insults appreciated :)