E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

If I've got a sky sports subscription what do I need to take to watch it at a mates house who just has a basic sky subscription?

a) sky box & viewing card

b) viewing card

c) its not possible 

its a pit it I couldn't link my hudl with sky go to the TVs like I can with bt sport app. 

41 minutes ago, Senior_Coconut said:

If I've got a sky sports subscription what do I need to take to watch it at a mates house who just has a basic sky subscription?

b) viewing card

c) its not possible 

its a pit it I couldn't link my hudl with sky go to the TVs like I can with bt sport app. 

a) might work. 

b) definitely wont as the cards are paired to the box

b) viewing card

c) its not possible 

Definitely A. Moved in wi the bird earlier this year and took my sky box and card to hers as my sky package was superior to hers, and we were both still within the 12 month contract. Didn't need to bother phoning sky or any such shite, just unplugged her sky box, hooked mine up and sky sports available.

Definitely A. Moved in wi the bird earlier this year and took my sky box and card to hers as my sky package was superior to hers, and we were both still within the 12 month contract. Didn't need to bother phoning sky or any such shite, just unplugged her sky box, hooked mine up and sky sports available.

Has she put an end to the bedroom action yet? That's usually the way it works!!

little help needed folks, would this laptop

http://www.very.co.uk/lenovo-ideapad-310-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156-inch-laptop-with-optional-microsoft-office-365-white/1600102868.prd

comfortably run this software

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020255-elgato-game-capture-hd-system-requirements

if not do any of these run it fine

http://www.very.co.uk/electricals/laptops/e/b/4873.end?sort=bestsellers,0

its a xmas present and im not 100% sure so dont wanna f**k up and it cost me a fortune, cheers folks

Edited by 54_and_counting

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

It will run that software but it wont run many games. Im assuming, as thats game capture software, that he'd wont to play games on it too

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It will run that software but it wont run many games. Im assuming, as thats game capture software, that he'd wont to play games on it too

nah the games are on his xbox, seemingly you can connect the elgato to your xbox and then pap the video onto his youtube channel lol

how bad are we talking game wise, most steam games be okay? he's not into top of the range games

also, any better on that list mate, happy to spunk 600 on it tbh

Edited by 54_and_counting

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

nah the games are on his xbox, seemingly you can connect the elgato to your xbox and then pap the video onto his youtube channel lol

how bad are we talking game wise, most steam games be okay? he's not into top of the range games

also, any better on that list mate, happy to spunk 600 on it tbh

If you'e got £600 to spend I wouldnt spend it with Very!

You'll get a decent gaming laptop for that kind of money. Not saying these are the best prices you'll get but it will give you an indication of whats around

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Gaming-Laptops?sort=price+ascending

I basically only use 2 add ons.

Exodus for tv and movies. Sportsdevil for live sport.

All working well.

Sorry another quick subject, I wish to change my name on the site, was told I would have to go platinum costing ten pounds, don't really want to do this, just want a name change, anyone help, how to you contact admin.?

2 hours ago, blackjack said:

Sorry another quick subject, I wish to change my name on the site, was told I would have to go platinum costing ten pounds, don't really want to do this, just want a name change, anyone help, how to you contact admin.?

The only way you can change your name is by becoming a platinum member. Unless you just forget this account and re-register with a different email address

2 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Can you pair a Sony smart watch with a Samsung edge phone? I'm not clued up on this! Got offered one in pub Cheers. It's Sony smart watch 3

You can pair it via Bluetooth but to get full use of it you'll need to download Sony's smart connect app from the playstore.