E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

What anti-virus software do you have and chances are it will work in safe mode, so thats probably your best option. Failing that try a system restore as a fairly last resort, since it deletes the files up to a certain point, but its almost garunteed to get rid of whatever you have.

I only have the free Windows Security Essentials antivirus stuff at the moment. And safe mode doesn't work either, thought it would. And how do you do a system restore? I'll give it a shot as I've nothing else to try.

I only have the free Windows Security Essentials antivirus stuff at the moment. And safe mode doesn't work either, thought it would. And how do you do a system restore? I'll give it a shot as I've nothing else to try.

Just type in system restore into the search bar in the start up menu. Is it allowing you to open other programmes and not the internet, or is it all programmes if that makes sense. I know the type of virus you mean, I have had them as well, system restore has always wroked for me, so if that doesnt work, I have no idea.

Just type in system restore into the search bar in the start up menu. Is it allowing you to open other programmes and not the internet, or is it all programmes if that makes sense. I know the type of virus you mean, I have had them as well, system restore has always wroked for me, so if that doesnt work, I have no idea.

Sorted. Thanks a lot! :D

Your most welcome, now thats sorted I would reckomend getting Avira on your computer, or at least have a quick glance at the anti-virus thread, might help you avoid it in the future.

Your most welcome, now thats sorted I would reckomend getting Avira on your computer, or at least have a quick glance at the anti-virus thread, might help you avoid it in the future.

Yeah I will do. Keep telling myself I must but never get round to doing it.

Anyone got an HTC Desire HD?? Was thinking of getting one and was just wondering what they are like.

Thanks.

Aye it's a really good phone, apart for the battery. I've had it as last as little as eight or nine hours before dying but normally it'll just about last the day before it goes on charge.

I've had that for almost six months now though, and the thing with Android phones is they're never the newest thing out for any length of time. Newer phones like the Galaxy S2 and the HTC Sensation, don't know if that's out yet, will all be faster and with the latest versions of software (Desire HD is still on Android 2.2 and there's no sign of the update yet) and fingers crossed will have better battery life.

If you're not that bothered about that kind of the Desire HD is still a really good phone though.

Anyone know how to turn off ad aware? It keeps blocking me from opening my downloads. Thanks.

Edit: It's all right,I managed to stop it. :ph34r:

Edited by saints1884

Aye it's a really good phone, apart for the battery. I've had it as last as little as eight or nine hours before dying but normally it'll just about last the day before it goes on charge.

I've had that for almost six months now though, and the thing with Android phones is they're never the newest thing out for any length of time. Newer phones like the Galaxy S2 and the HTC Sensation, don't know if that's out yet, will all be faster and with the latest versions of software (Desire HD is still on Android 2.2 and there's no sign of the update yet) and fingers crossed will have better battery life.

If you're not that bothered about that kind of the Desire HD is still a really good phone though.

<cough> http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/880693/android_23_for_htc_incredible_s_and_desire_hd_now_live.html

wink.gif

I'm using the wifes desktop PC just now whilst my laptop is getting sorted, and practically EVERY image on the screen is replaced with a tiny wee red cross. Even the options on the post editor page that I'm looking at just now, all the options at the top ( strikethrough, superscript etc) are replaced with these wee crosses. Under folks avatars, there's fuckin hunners of them.

Any idea how to sort it folks?

This might seem like a daft question. How much web time would 500mb give you on an iphone/android phone? Are you likely to go over your contract with just that amount?

This might seem like a daft question. How much web time would 500mb give you on an iphone/android phone? Are you likely to go over your contract with just that amount?

Not sure of the time it takes but I have 512mb on my contract and i go on the internet daily for quite a lengthy time and i never get near the limit. The most I have had is around 200mb in a month. Although, if you were to watch youtube videos or download something like apps then the will use more. If you were using it for just accessing websites then there is no chance of going over but watching video/downloading is a different case.

I've only got 250 on mine and I check facebook on the way to and from uni(when it's monday to friday working weeks) and sometimes P&B and never come close.

As long as you don't use it religiously or you connect to a home wifi when using it in the house then you should be fine.

I don't know about iPhone but if you have an android phone then go onto the market and download "3G watchdog" and it tells you how much you're using.

I'd imagine that there will be a similar app available on the Apple market.

I've recently bought a new Ipod touch. I've given my dad the old Ipod Nano. Is there a way of getting the songs from my Nano on to my Ipod Touch without removing them from the Nano ?

I've recently bought a new Ipod touch. I've given my dad the old Ipod Nano. Is there a way of getting the songs from my Nano on to my Ipod Touch without removing them from the Nano ?

Have you not got all the music from your Nano on your computer? You should be able to just sync the new iPod and do it that way I'd have thought.

That's nearly twenty megabytes a day. Web pages are compressed when sent, so the average P&B page (for instance) is about 20-30kb of your allowance. That's roughly 650 page views every day of the month if you're not watching videos; you could probably spend the whole of every day surfing and not hit your limit.

Have you not got all the music from your Nano on your computer? You should be able to just sync the new iPod and do it that way I'd have thought.

I'm afraid not:( Had a virus so had to delete Itunes and re-install it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to see how much mobile data you're using on T-Mobile? I'm sure there used to be a section for it in the my t-mobile thing on the website but I can't seem to find it anymore.