E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Having problems with the Music Player on my Galaxy S - it won't play anything at all, instead I get a message saying "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". Annoyingly I was using an MP3 file as my ringtone which didn't work - cue four missed calls whilst the phone was in my pocket...............

These files have all played no bother in the past and I'm 100% certain that I haven't inadvertently changed any settings.

Any ideas??

Edited by mozam76

Need some help for the PSP. I dug it out last night cause I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I need stuff to do on the plane. Anyway, I bought some cheap games today, FIFA 07, FM 08 and Smackdown vs Raw 2009. My mate also let me borrow FM 2010. I'm playing fine with FIFA and FM 08, but the other two come up with saying I need to update, I click on update and itc then comes up with 'This game could not be started then error code:DADADADA. Help?:(

Edited by JackDFC

Need some help for the PSP. I dug it out last night cause I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I need stuff to do on the plane. Anyway, I bought some cheap games today, FIFA 07, FM 08 and Smackdown vs Raw 2009. My mate also let me borrow FM 2010. I'm playing fine with FIFA and FM 08, but the other two come up with saying I need to update, I click on update and itc then comes up with 'This game could not be started then error code:DADADADA. Help?:(

Sorry not much help but have you tried asking your father?

Anyone recommend a good, free program for ripping DVDs to AVI format? Must be able to handle encrypted DVDs as I'm looking to put most of my films onto my external hard drive so that I don't need to keep swapping discs all the time.

hopefully this can get answered pretty soonish. my laptops hardrive had to be replaced so as a result my itunes only consists of what i've bought since the replacement, if i sync my ipod are all the songs going to be replaced with the ones on my itunes or will they just be added on?

hopefully this can get answered pretty soonish. my laptops hardrive had to be replaced so as a result my itunes only consists of what i've bought since the replacement, if i sync my ipod are all the songs going to be replaced with the ones on my itunes or will they just be added on?

You can transfer your purchases from your iPod to your PC. Clickoris. I miss "clickoris", I'm bringing it back.

I got a BlackBerry today on a pay as you go deal so I could keep my number. The new deal I have though doesn't start till the 11th (basically unlimited internet etc) and I've been messing about with it just now. The problem I've got is that the Facebook application keeps giving me this message "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application." Is it just that I have to wait till the 11th and then it will work or is it something else? Only I've also installed Twitter and that seems to be working fine. Thanks for anyone that can help.

Edited by NotThePars

Can I get a cable (either USB or ethernet, I'm pretty sure I've got both) and link two laptops to send files from one to the other? Is it as simple as just drag and drop, like does the one computer appear in the "My Computer" section of the other?

Would it not be easier to use a memory stick to do this? :unsure:

*I am a complete thicko when it comes to this kind of stuff :ph34r:

Normally I would do, but I've got quite a bit of music and some TV series to shift over, and the biggest memory stick I can find is only 512Mb. It'd take me something like 100 transfers!

Ah ok :ph34r:

Told you I was thick :lol:

I tend to leave my PC on all the time (just letting it "go to sleep"). I installed a windows update yesterday that requested I restart so I did the rare move of restarting it. Now I get no sound. I've been through the basics from "yes my headphones/speakers are plugged in/not muted" etc. When I go to control panel > sound and audio devices it says there's nothing installed to tinker with. Everything else is working fine as expected.

I think I just need to download the original audio drivers for windows XP 5.1 but despite some fumblings about Microsofts help site I'm at a loss. I even tried to system restore to before the update and restart which was successful but hasn't helped.

Help me P&B tech massive!

Edited by Big Gus

I tend to leave my PC on all the time (just letting it "go to sleep"). I installed a windows update yesterday that requested I restart so I did the rare move of restarting it. Now I get no sound. I've been through the basics from "yes my headphones/speakers are plugged in/not muted" etc. When I go to control panel > sound and audio devices it says there's nothing installed to tinker with. Everything else is working fine as expected.

I think I just need to download the original audio drivers for windows XP 5.1 but despite some fumblings about Microsofts help site I'm at a loss. I even tried to system restore to before the update and restart which was successful but hasn't helped.

Help me P&B tech massive!

Go into device manager and remove the sound card. Restart the computer and, with a bit of luck, windows will detect it as "new" hardware and reinstall the drivers

I've had a look and I don't actually have a USB cable that can do it, and apparently you can't do it with a normal ethernet cable, but you can with a "cross-over" cable, which is very similar.

YOu can do it with a cross over cable.

However, you can get much bigger USB memory sticks than 512Mb and you could also think about an external USB hard drive, which would not only let you transfer stuff across but would give you somewhere to back the files up to

Can someone please remind me how to select what loads at start up on a PC.?

I'm using bt yahoo and Yahoo messenger is seriously slowing up my laptop.

I don't use it or want it and it's getting to be a pain. When I try to remove it from programs it says it it being used by another blah blah blah....

How do I kill this off?