E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Does anyone know of a way to keep things downloaded from iPlayer for good, rather than the 30 day limit currently on the files? Have tried a few things to remove the DRM but the only one that worked produced a pish quality video at the end.

Much of the iPlayer content can be downloaded direct from eztv.it, maybe not the ideal solution though.

Does anyone know of a way to keep things downloaded from iPlayer for good, rather than the 30 day limit currently on the files? Have tried a few things to remove the DRM but the only one that worked produced a pish quality video at the end.

I don't use the download feature of iPlayer, rather I just watch them online, but according to this.. http://convertiplayer.com/ ..the files are downloaded as WMV files (which retains the DRM) however if that's the case then you should be able to use any number of converters to change the format removing the DRM in the process. On that page they recommend using this.. http://www.deskshare.com/media-converter.aspx ..but you need to pay for it. A quick google should be able to provide you with similar free applications.

It's when I open up Chrome. When I open up a new tab it shows my recent sites or chrome apps (which is fine) and when I hit home on the toolbar it takes me to google.

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. Forgive me if you had already said this, I had assumed it was overriding your home page or search settings.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is in the settings, Look for the On Startup option, and you should find that "Open a specific page or set of pages" radio button is set, clicking the "Set pages" link should show that the Delta search is the one set. Amend as you see fit.

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. Forgive me if you had already said this, I had assumed it was overriding your home page or search settings.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is in the settings, Look for the On Startup option, and you should find that "Open a specific page or set of pages" radio button is set, clicking the "Set pages" link should show that the Delta search is the one set. Amend as you see fit.

That's it! How easy was that :ph34r: Thanks for the help everyone.

nice one Ric, jeeze that was such an easy fix, glad u got it sorted Akpo

I don't use the download feature of iPlayer, rather I just watch them online, but according to this.. http://convertiplayer.com/ ..the files are downloaded as WMV files (which retains the DRM) however if that's the case then you should be able to use any number of converters to change the format removing the DRM in the process. On that page they recommend using this.. http://www.deskshare.com/media-converter.aspx ..but you need to pay for it. A quick google should be able to provide you with similar free applications.

That software didn't like it. Through some rather dodgy means I seem to have managed it - the file is now showing in Windows Explorer as unprotected and Media Player claims it has no protection. Meanwhile the WMV I downloaded from the iPlayer site shows it is protected and comes up with a whole list of media usage rights in Media Player. I'm hailing this as a success.

Give us a shout if you manage to get it........Westham Wayne was asking me for a copy too.

It seems I've made progress. The new file I've got is only 640 by 480 but plays OK using my media streamer on my TV. The coverage isn't 100 per cent smooth but it's watchable - and not just for the obvious reason!

It's an MP4 file which I don't think my computer likes when I try to burn it to DVD, although converting it back to a WMV saw a huge decrease in quality. Dunno what an AVI file will be like. However, the main issue is the length of it. It's two and three quarter hours - my DVDs will only take two hours so I'd probably need to cut out the pre-match and half-time pish.

It would probably fit on a DVD as a file rather than a move as its 1.66GB. I would upload it somewhere for folk to download but I've no webspace. Is Geocities still on the go :lol:

Edited by Stu

That software didn't like it. Through some rather dodgy means I seem to have managed it - the file is now showing in Windows Explorer as unprotected and Media Player claims it has no protection. Meanwhile the WMV I downloaded from the iPlayer site shows it is protected and comes up with a whole list of media usage rights in Media Player. I'm hailing this as a success.

It seems I've made progress. The new file I've got is only 640 by 480 but plays OK using my media streamer on my TV. The coverage isn't 100 per cent smooth but it's watchable - and not just for the obvious reason!

It's an MP4 file which I don't think my computer likes when I try to burn it to DVD, although converting it back to a WMV saw a huge decrease in quality. Dunno what an AVI file will be like. However, the main issue is the length of it. It's two and three quarter hours - my DVDs will only take two hours so I'd probably need to cut out the pre-match and half-time pish.

It would probably fit on a DVD as a file rather than a move as its 1.66GB. I would upload it somewhere for folk to download but I've no webspace. Is Geocities still on the go :lol:

Dear oh dear, geocities :P

Dropbox, google drive or skydrive is what you want

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to move photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to my laptop, but for some reason my laptop isn't recognising it and isn't letting me transfer files. Any ideas*?

*sorry if my terminology is shit, I don't do this kind of thing often. :lol:

Trying to move photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to my laptop, but for some reason my laptop isn't recognising it and isn't letting me transfer files. Any ideas*?

*sorry if my terminology is shit, I don't do this kind of thing often. :lol:

the galaxy s3 is a nightmare to link to a pc, i tried it for ages with my s3 and it never linked then one day when i used it too charge as my plug was being used elsewhere, it worked a charm, dunno how though tbh

the galaxy s3 is a nightmare to link to a pc, i tried it for ages with my s3 and it never linked then one day when i used it too charge as my plug was being used elsewhere, it worked a charm, dunno how though tbh

I worked it out, I had to download this pishy 'Samsung Kies' thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Google Chrome seems to have become extremely unstable lately, crashing with no warning regularly for me. At the same time, my Google Analytics has gone on the blink, showing zero traffic, even although I have had emails through my website. Any idea why this might be happening? I assume it's to do with my latest iOS download.

Run Safari on my iPad. Worked fine this morning but now it still works but all my bookmarks have gone and I have no idea why.

Panic over. They came back! Don't know what happened.

:ph34r: thought I would never see those midget nymphos again :ph34r:

Edited by tinkerbelle

is there a way i can connect my laptop to my television and get it to use the PVR function to record onto my laptop's HD

im feeling too cheapskate to buy a USB HD for it

What's te best free software for finding adware at the moment? I have something on my computer and can't trace it but Adaware and Microsoft Security Essentials have yet to find it. Don't want Avast as it plays up with my patch for Pro Evo.