The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Heard whispers of a Machine Head tour at the end of the year....

I'm there, I'd even go to the Braehead Arena to see them regardless of how big a shitehole it is(mostly in terms of transport, partly to do with there being f**k all after the gig)

Not that they'll be playing there, it was just a show of my faith. I guess I could've said Edinburgh as well rolleyes.gif

Just back from download what fucking weekend that was.

At Download the Machine head tour was advertised for october/november and the lineup was - Machine Head, Bring me the horizon, Devildriver and Darkest hour. Looks like a beast of a lineup and will probs be in SECC

Also Alice Copper is playing Clyde auditorium on halloween

:D :D :D :D :D

Just back from Download. SOAD were my band of the weekend as expected, but have to mention Rob Zombie who absolutely blew my mind. Incredible show. Alter Bridge, Evile, Chthonic, Clutch and Baptized in Blood were all excellent, and The Darkness were great fun. My body is aching from being at the front for SOAD, worth it though.

At Download the Machine head tour was advertised for october/november and the lineup was - Machine Head, Bring me the horizon, Devildriver and Darkest hour. Looks like a beast of a lineup and will probs be in SECC

Out of curiosity, was Download busy?

Meh, I don't really like BMTH or DD and have never heard of DH. I fucking love Machine Head though so I'll be there, without doubt.

Did you go and see BfmV? Read the review on Metal Hammer and it sounds like they didn't get the size of crowd you'd expect for a headlining act. Was it really that bad?

I didn't watch them, I was at fourth stage for Baptized in Blood then just went up to second and caught the rest of The Cult before Rob Zombie. It wouldn't surprise me though, a lot of people had fucked off back to the campsite because of the rain, BFMV played last year too, and they're hardly a fantastic live band.

I didn't watch either, but I've been told by many people that Pendulum on 2nd stage had a far bigger crowd than Def Leppard on main. That wasn't predictable at all. :lol:

FYI.

Rammstein UK tour probably happening. Date for MEN is on Ticketmaster which goes on sale Friday 8th July.

Date for the gig seems to be 01/03/2012 which is weird.

Linky

Edited by Mik

Presale isn't till wednesday i thought ?

Yeah, but do they not usually have the links available the day before or something? Both gigs are listed on Ticketweb for tickets going on sale 9am Friday. Wouldn't mind a presale there as their charges are way better than Ticketb*****d's, and you can buy tickets for as many gigs as you want in one purchase there. Unlike TicketWanker where you have to choose one event, buy, then go to the next one you want.

FYI.

Rammstein UK tour probably happening. Date for MEN is on Ticketmaster which goes on sale Friday 8th July.

Date for the gig seems to be 01/03/2012 which is weird.

Linky

I think I'll have to go even if it means a trip to Manchester. I've never been beyond Scotland for a gig so a trip to a new city should be worth it. I was hoping for a Glasgow date but judging what happened for their last tour I doubt there will be one this time.

I'll admit I haven't heard much Alter Bridge before but are they really big enough to play venues like the SECC?

Both Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry sell out the Academy on their own tours, so together they need a bigger venue. The SECC is the only venue bigger than the Academy, so it has to be there.

It's also much safer, I'd hate to be in a sold out Academy when the oddities who have been let out for the day start moshing the second they hear "Big train rolling..."!

Both Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry sell out the Academy on their own tours, so together they need a bigger venue. The SECC is the only venue bigger than the Academy, so it has to be there.

It's also much safer, I'd hate to be in a sold out Academy when the oddities who have been let out for the day start moshing the second they hear "Big train rolling..."!

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be in the SECC, I don't have enough facts, but I'd say that there's a big wedge of each's crowd(if they indeed sell out Academy) that will go to both. So saying that both sell out X amount doesn't mean that together they deserve a venue of 2X.