The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

If you are a terrible artist, then anything done freehand will look horrible, and you will likey never wear the wellies out of embarresment.

You're best bet is to go with a stencil to ensure the logo is still recognisable. For the MH logo, look at buying their "Old" CD single that comes with the Logo stencil - it will look a million times better than you trying to draw it yourself.

As for any other band logos - i'd say you should make your own stencils, cheap & easy to make, and there will be a ton of info on how best to make them on the net.

Post up a photo when you're done!

I sorta fucked up the MH one. Apart from that I did Bad Religion's cross, the Metallica name(with the elongated M and A) and the Weezer "=w=".

I also did a couple of comics ones, the V for vandetta, Red Son(Superman logo but with a Hammer and Sickle instead), House of M and Daredevil.

None of it was too bad, but the rain sorta washed some of it away but I'll upload later.

Rammstein ticket for Newcastle purchased today :D This will be the furtherest I've ever travelled to see a band before but it should be totally worth it.

Edited by poang

Opeth - Edinburgh Picture House 10/11/11

Yes please!

I was annoyed at first when I got an email from the O2 Academy mailing list and there was no sign of a Glasgow date. I was happy to see an Edinburgh date through once I checked the Opeth website. I've never been to Edinburgh for a gig so it'll make change from Glasgow. Fourth time I'll have seen Opeth and it'll be the fourth different venue as well.

Edited by NorthernLights

My sister's away on holiday and she told me to put shitey songs on my mum's ipod for her. Biffy Clyro and Foo Fighters were about the extend of the heaviness, Glee and McFly were also on it ph34r.gif.

I decided to put Bloodline by Slayer on it, under the guise of Champagne Supernova by Oasis(she'd put their greatest hits on it) and did a similar thing with So What by Metallica using Take That's Shine.

I hope she enjoys it cool.gif

My sister's away on holiday and she told me to put shitey songs on my mum's ipod for her. Biffy Clyro and Foo Fighters were about the extend of the heaviness, Glee and McFly were also on it ph34r.gif.

I decided to put Bloodline by Slayer on it, under the guise of Champagne Supernova by Oasis(she'd put their greatest hits on it) and did a similar thing with So What by Metallica using Take That's Shine.

Should have replaced all of her Glee with Pig Destroyer.

Should have replaced all of her Glee with Pig Destroyer.

I did want to put shitloads of stuff on it but didn't want to f**k with it too much.

I figure when she wants to listen to Oasis and it finishes with Bloodline's heavy as f**k start then that'll be good enough.

biggrin.gif

I did something similar with my mum's MP3 a while back, except it was one of the cheap ones with no screen, which made the task easier to do. I filled it with Napalm Death and Bolt Thrower. She wasn't best pleased.

I do love Beavis and Butthead. :D

O2 Academy, no word on prices yet but I think I paid £35 to see them in Birmingham in March. They were immense then and I can't wait for this one if they're going be half as good as they were that night. Added bonus that the Glasgow Academy has a decent layout and you'll actually be able to see them no matter where you stand, unlike Birmingham Academy which is a shite venue. I also might not get so pished and spend what feels like hours after the gig wandering about a huge city with no idea where I am before eventually falling asleep in a pub at half 2 in the morning, so I'm onto a winner here.

Metal Hammer are doing a presale for it starting tomorrow, where along with the ticket you get the 2011 edition of Battle Hymns with 4 bonus tracks, plus a new, previously unreleased track which will be on their next studio album.

HAIL!

IMO worthy of a new thread but it will do here, Motorhead in HD, just watch full screen and turn up the volume !!!!!

6 min 40 sec of metal magic

Edited by keyser_soze