The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

BMTH aren't my cup of tea musically but I was pretty much on the barrier for them last year at Sonisphere whilst waiting for The Cult to come on and they were absolutely mental. They proper know how to work a crowd. I loved the dubsteppy type bits between songs too.

Innacurate. If Sepultura were on the bill they would be taking Devildrivers spot as they are on about the same level, in the UK at the least

BMTH stock are on the up, they have been huge this year and their reception at download does nothing but prove that. The new album has allowed alot more of the traditional metalheads to enjoy, and as BMTH have said before if they didnt look like they do and looked alot more like pantera or the likes the metal media and fans would accept them alot more than they do.

The only problem with BMTH being on the bill means that this will be in the SECC instead of the likes of the Academy like other machine head dates.

Oh and just for the record Machine Head and BMTH are two of my very favourite bands so im well happy about this :D :D

I didn't say they would be there instead of BMTH, I said that they were better. It's my opinion. If the lineup was MH, Sepultura and DD then that would be better than MH, BMTH and DD

You should give their 'Suicide Season -Cut Up' A listen to then. Might be worth a dig, its songs off their Suicide Season album remixed and is actually a pretty great album. My two fav songs off it are:

Notice the Casualty theme sample in this one :lol:

Bought some wellies today, I want to "metal" it up. I need symbols people. The MH will already be there. Bear it in mind I'm a terrible artist, so nothing too ridiculous.

Cant go wrong with some simple horns.

Nuclear symbol for Megadeth

Slayer's font is easily done its just straight, messy lines.

Judas Priest staff logo is easily done.

Just the Metallica 'M' could be easily done, or even the ninja star if you want.

Really depends on who you like, most bands have pretty simple logo's on something that can be easily recognised.

Pretty gutted; was resigned to not being able to get to Sonisphere due to the number of people in work going to TITP and now I've ended up getting a long weekend off anyway without the time to arrange going to Soni. If the Big Four don't play together again or this turns out to be Slipknot's last UK gig I'll be gutted.

Pretty gutted; was resigned to not being able to get to Sonisphere due to the number of people in work going to TITP and now I've ended up getting a long weekend off anyway without the time to arrange going to Soni. If the Big Four don't play together again or this turns out to be Slipknot's last UK gig I'll be gutted.

I know what you mean, I simply couldn't afford it. I doubt it'll be Slipknot's last gig. If it is then I can see Stone Sour becoming a lot, lot better since Corey's main focus and better songs will be SS's.

The Big Four should do a fucking stadium tour already. They'd be able to sell out Hampden no problem. They could even look into hiring somewhere like Balado or a big outdoor park and do a show there for one night. Would be amazing.

I was down pretty much on the front barrier for Slipknot ( and the majority of bands) and im not ashamed to admit at the end when they were with Pauls suit and mask I was on the verge of tears and welled up alot.

During the two minutes silence I was welling up and then at the end when I looked up and saw Corey crying at the edge of the stage I nearly burst out greeting. Was an emotional day

Iv no felt like that in about 8 year, but for some reason the above scenarios just seemed to get to me, was weird

Edited by Zizou-5

Bought some wellies today, I want to "metal" it up. I need symbols people. The MH will already be there. Bear it in mind I'm a terrible artist, so nothing too ridiculous.

If you are a terrible artist, then anything done freehand will look horrible, and you will likey never wear the wellies out of embarresment.

You're best bet is to go with a stencil to ensure the logo is still recognisable. For the MH logo, look at buying their "Old" CD single that comes with the Logo stencil - it will look a million times better than you trying to draw it yourself.

As for any other band logos - i'd say you should make your own stencils, cheap & easy to make, and there will be a ton of info on how best to make them on the net.

Post up a photo when you're done!