The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

What's with the no love for the Megs sad.gif

edit to add: The Odeon idea...we should keep one hall open and continuously play Flight 666, Live Sh*t: Binge &Purge, Anvil, Lemmy movie and the Big 4 show.

Edited by Mik

edit to add: The Odeon idea...we should keep one hall open and continuously play Flight 666, Live Sh*t: Binge &Purge, Anvil, Lemmy movie and the Big 4 show.

Along with Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, just so we can laugh at this moment over and over again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJqZFUell8

That first fifteen seconds is the finest thing in the history of film.

Children of Bodom's new album "Relentless Reckless Forever" Tracklisting and Cover Art:

relentless_t.png

high res: http://www.goodfightentertainment.com/childrenofbodom/COB_relentlessCover.jpg

1.) Not My Funeral

2.) Shovel Knockout

3.) Roundtrip to Hell and Back

4.) Pussyfoot Miss Suicide

5.) Relentless Reckless Forever

6.) Ugly

7.) Cry of the Nihilist

8.) Was It Worth It?

9.) Northpole Throwdown

Bonus track: Party All the Time (Eddie Murphy cover)

I love COB, but I hate how cheesy they are sometimes. Can't wait to hear that Eddie Murphy cover though laugh.gif

Edited by Mik

I love COB, seen them twice now. Very interested in seeing them at ABC, mostly because the mighty MIGHTY Amon Amarth are supporting smile.gif

yeah I've seen them a few times, once at the ABC, once at Download and the other supporting Slipknot in the SECC.

They were absolutely out of this world at that ABC gig, CC supporting were a bit dull though :/

I shall be in attendance at the ABC gig next year, should be a good'un.

Norther have name their new album (will be the first without now ex-vocalist Petri) it's called "Circle Regenerated"

They also ran a competition for the album art and got all the entries into a top 10 for the fans to vote on (voting has now ended)

"Circle Regenerated" is due out early 2011 release according to Norther's official website http://www.norther.net/

biggrin.gif Couldn't be happier right now, Bodom, The Haunted AND Norther all with early 2011 releases biggrin.gif

Edited by Mik

Bring me The Horizon have announced a tour and play the Academy in Glasgow on 24th of April

Support coming from- Parkway Drive, Architects and Devil Wears Prada

Should make for one hell of a hardcore gig and plenty windmillers to pummel :D

My Iron Maiden tickets came in the post today.

Woo, and indeed, hoo.

Just a pity the gig is ages away.

Sweet, hopefully I'll have mine by the end of next week at least, don't think I've had post for ages.

On the Metal Hammer podcast, the two hosts are having an argument which I thought I'd bring to this thread. Maiden or Metallica?

Sweet, hopefully I'll have mine by the end of next week at least, don't think I've had post for ages.

On the Metal Hammer podcast, the two hosts are having an argument which I thought I'd bring to this thread. Maiden or Metallica?

Maiden.

I love both though.

They aren't really comparable. Maiden are one of the NWOBHM bands that are furthest from Thrash, while early Metallica is the epitome of it. I realise it's a more extreme example but you wouldn't try to choose between Iced Earth and Exodus, while obviously it's not as polar as that I still view it as comparing a Power metal band with a Thrash metal band, there aren't really many comparisons you can make.

On personal preference it's Maiden right enough, but I'm not saying Maiden are a better band.

Maiden.

I love both though.

wink.gif

They aren't really comparable. Maiden are one of the NWOBHM bands that are furthest from Thrash, while early Metallica is the epitome of it. I realise it's a more extreme example but you wouldn't try to choose between Iced Earth and Exodus, while obviously it's not as polar as that I still view it as comparing a Power metal band with a Thrash metal band, there aren't really many comparisons you can make.

On personal preference it's Maiden right enough, but I'm not saying Maiden are a better band.

It's more just that they've both been around for the same amount of time, Maiden have about three years on Metallica, and both, I assume, and generally touted as the two best bands in metal.

MIGHTY Amon Amarth are supporting :)

And that has secured my attendance. Ensiferum should be pretty good as well. I got bored of CoB years back though and doubt I'll stay for what is sure to be another drunken waste of time dry.gif I hope for fans of CoB that Alexi has stopped being a drunken arsehole at gigs. I heard they were alright at Bloodstock this year, but still kind of sloppy.

On the Maiden vs. Metallica debate, as Dunning said, they aren't comparable but I've got to go for Maiden, as they've got some pretty good albums in their catalogue and the past two efforts have been pretty good. I've never been able to get into Metallica and probably never will. Just can't stand them. It's all subjective anyway.

Just wanted to ask you guys a question that my and my friend were arguing.

What do you think is a bigger draw- The big 4's first ever UK show or System reforming?

Personally I think its laughable comparing the two Big 4 every time, however thats not to say I dont love system cause I do

So what do youse think? Big 4 or System?