The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

So....Metallica is taken, machinehead and pantera are taken.....thrash is taken

I'll have NWOBHM then. Priest, Motorhead, Maiden, Saxon, Diamondhead etc. biggrin.gif

Miks Metal Meltdown

Edited by Mik

We missed a trick when Borders shut down. That one on Buchanan Street would be an excellent place to put a club, and with the number of floors in there we could have all our different styles every night. Been bought over now though. sad.gif

I'll take the floor of variety: emphasis on power and death metal, but still room for Thrash, NWOBHM, NWOAHM, black metal, nu-metal, sludge metal, and any other stupidly specific sub-genre you can think of. There'll also be a Mikael Akerfeldt night where'll we'll play nothing but Opeth and Bloodbath.

We need this to be a gig venue too. cool.gif

We missed a trick when Borders shut down. That one on Buchanan Street would be an excellent place to put a club

Strange you should mention this, as I was in hard rock cafe Edinburgh a few week ago and got talking to the manager and he was telling me that they are buying this over and down stairs was to be a restraunt and upstairs was a gig venue :o

Nu Metal night is granted.

Anyone up for DJ'ing a Hair metal/Classic rock night? with all the Motley Crue and Led Zeppelin a man could need?

Edit to add we need a hardcore/ Metalcore/Metalcore fusion night as well

Double Edit to add: We should make up new days of the week to accomidate all this crazy metal. seeing how a 7 day week isnt enough

Edited by Zizou-5

Anyone up for DJ'ing a Hair metal/Classic rock night? with all the Motley Crue and Led Zeppelin a man could need?

I'm down for some Kiss, Motley Crue, Poison, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Twisted Sister and all that jazz.

I'm putting the euromillions on tomorrow.

Strange you should mention this, as I was in hard rock cafe Edinburgh a few week ago and got talking to the manager and he was telling me that they are buying this over and down stairs was to be a restraunt and upstairs was a gig venue ohmy.gif

Nu Metal night is granted.

Edit to add we need a hardcore/ Metalcore/Metalcore fusion night as well

Double Edit to add: We should make up new days of the week to accomidate all this crazy metal. seeing how a 7 day week isnt enough

Claimed.

Right we aw put on the Euromillions, and if we win we buy say.....The closed odeon in glasgow.

We all get an even stakes and ownership in the club ( apart from me Ill take 1% extra seeing how it was my idea :P )

We will have a floor that is purely alternate/emo bird strippers

and we will get the big 4 to open our club.

That all sound? I see no problems.

Edited by Zizou-5

Right we aw put on the Euromillions, and if we win we buy say.....The closed odeon in glasgow.

We all get an even stakes and ownership in the club ( apart from me Ill take 1% extra seeing how it was my idea tongue.gif )

We will have a floor that is purely alternate/emo bird strippers

and we will get the big 4 to open our club.

That all sound? I see no problems.

Provided there are no b*****ds who object to the big four because they don't rate Anthrax, I see no problems. tongue.gif

EDIT: or Megadeth DomDom!

Edited by Dunning1874

Can I have a "THIS BAND ARE SHIT" banner put behind Megadeth when they play ? :P

YESSSSS!!!!. Or we could just tell Megadeth to get tae and get Testament to take their place? Cause the metal world will be ours after this clubs opens and if we want to change who consists of the big 4 then why the f**k not?

Edit : I love all the big 4 before someone says anything :lol:

Edited by Zizou-5

For the record, I don't object to Megadeth playing. The Big 4 pull in the punters ! I just want to be able to use the banner ! I'll even make it myself. How does that sound ?

Thats fine. If you want you could make a banner with a huge willy on it and follow Mustaine around the stage with it if you want?

If we continue to diss Megadeth I must resign from this venture.

I'll open my own place near Glasgow Uni and get Rage Against The Machine and System of a Down to open it, so I can attract students who think they're left wing but actually aren't.

If we continue to diss Megadeth I must resign from this venture.

I'll open my own place near Glasgow Uni and get Rage Against The Machine and System of a Down to open it, so I can attract students who think they're left wing but actually aren't.

Wow, thats actually a no bad idea.

Right fine, there will be no more blasphemy of the Big 4. We all have to be tolerant of each others taste, and if that has to include Megadeth then so be it.

anyone up for a booze run to spain to get a ton of proper absinthe for our club?

Edited by Zizou-5