The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Apparently the guy's still got it, which fucking astonishes me quite frankly.

seen him in september at ozzfest in london - he was absolutely amazing, definately still got it :D

I'm hoping Download is...

Foo Fighters - Ozzy - Iron Maiden

one can dream.....

It seems by the various youtube replies I've received that Am I Evil and Blitzkreig were originally on Kill Em All but when Garage Inc came about they re-released Kill Em All without it, or the other way about.

Kill 'Em All never had any covers on but perhaps later CD re-issues contained bonus tracks. As far as I remember, Garage Days contained "Helpless" by Diamond Head but not "Am I Evil"....I think that song was originally a B-side on the Creeping Death single.

Just to confuse matters, a second Garage Days album surfaced a few years after the first on (Re-Re-Visited?) Perhaps "Evil" was on that?

On the subject of Diamond Head, they looked set for great things, had a wealth of melodic riff-tastic material but it never really happened for them. Being managed by the singer's mum wasn't the best strategy for stardom. Nevertheless, the first album climbed into the UK Top 30. The second release, Canterbury, was a major departure from the tradition HM sound and alienated a large portion of the band's fanbase. Brian Tatler reflected years later "The sleeve was shit, the songs too experimental and a pressing fault caused the first 20,000 copies to jump...it killed us stone dead"

Edited by centralparker

If I was Andy Copping, I'd book Foo Fighters - Black Sabbath - Iron Maiden. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with SOAD playing a surprise set on the Thursday night biggrin.gif

If I was andy Id book, Ozzy with either Alice Cooper or Motley Crue as special guest, System of a Down and.....Rammstein or Bon Jovi. Would be a phenominal festival plus enough money left over for a great undercard.

Realistically were looking at Ozzy plus one of Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Foos or Soundgarden.

If it were the latter the only one that takes my fancy is Ozzy, not to big on the others.

Edit to add: I love the foos just got tickets to see them at MK and would hate to see them before at download

Edited by Zizou-5

Been a Devin Townsend fan for over 10 years, I remember him working with Stevie Vai in the early 90s, but really I started listening to his stuff when SYL album City came out and have followed his music since then. -

and

Will this give you dates of when tickets go on sale as well or just tour dates?

No idea, although I assume it would have the information of when they go on sale. We'll find out tomorrow.

On another note, Motorhead were amazing last night! They played Bomber which I was really surprised about, I've seen the numerous times and they've never played it before so that was much welcomed :D Also met Phil Campbell (guitarist) before the gig

No idea, although I assume it would have the information of when they go on sale. We'll find out tomorrow.

On another note, Motorhead were amazing last night! They played Bomber which I was really surprised about, I've seen the numerous times and they've never played it before so that was much welcomed :D Also met Phil Campbell (guitarist) before the gig

I would like to echo your statement on motorhead last night they were fucking amazing, Lack of Iron Fist and Whorehouse blues was a let down but hey heard them before so it was great :)

Also I was standing beside you last night for ages and I was going to ask if it were you, but you know... I didnt want you to claim that 20 quid booking fee I promised you in the take that thread ;)

I would like to echo your statement on motorhead last night they were fucking amazing, Lack of Iron Fist and Whorehouse blues was a let down but hey heard them before so it was great smile.gif

Also I was standing beside you last night for ages and I was going to ask if it were you, but you know... I didnt want you to claim that 20 quid booking fee I promised you in the take that thread wink.gif

biggrin.gif standing a few back from the barrier on Lemmys side? I apologise that you had to stand through the gig anywhere near me, i'm usually murder at gigs. Although I had a few too many pre-gig bevvies last night so I didn't move around much.

Bit disappointed with lack of Iron First and WHB myself, but 'We Are Motorhead' and 'Bomber' made it up.

JULY 2011

Wed 20 Scotland, Glasgow SECC

Thu 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena

Sat 23 England, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Sun 24 England, Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Wed 27 England, Nottingham Trent FM Arena

Thu 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena

Sun 31 England, Birmingham NIA

edit: oops, totally fcuked that post up there....

Anyway the tickets go on General Sale 20/11/2010

Edited by Mik