May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, and I think the earlier gossip from Ad Lib about a labour collapse seems a bit off the mark!

It was Rutherglen. One of Labour's safer seats.

Where it will get interesting is when you start to get results from outside of the central belt. Drawing conclusions based on one of the safer Glasgow seats is premature.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, and I think the earlier gossip from Ad Lib about a labour collapse seems a bit off the mark!

Maybe. Not so much a Labour collapse as the Lib dem collapse benefiting the SNP alone. Months ago I said the Labour lead was soft, and that I thought that the SNP would certainly benefit from a Lib Dem collapse particularly in the north, but I didn't extend the analysis far enough to central belt seats with significant LD representations that might collapse to the SNP. Labour might hold, but if the SNP pick up the other party votes then there will be significant SNP gains all over.

It was Rutherglen. One of Labour's safer seats.

Where it will get interesting is when you start to get results from outside of the central belt. Drawing conclusions based on one of the safer Glasgow seats is premature.

Yeah, thats a fair point. Their core has held though!

I've gone back to STV for a bit, Stairheid Rammy is on, but I think I'll mainly be watching the BBC.

That Lamont girl is fucking grim. Speculation about Andy Kerr though....

I don't like this presenter on the BBC though, she seems a bit lost for words at times.

Leave Sally Magnusson alone. She's a babe.

If that woman is still fertile I want to father her babies.

Big Brian off to bed.

If SNP have taken EK, then they'll get a swathe of seats in the central belt and the second vote on the list basis won't be their main source of seats.

Declaration..

Will be interesting to see how this emerging swing away from Lib Dems plays-out in the one constituency where their opposition is Conservative - my own down here in Berwickshire.

My anticipation is that John Lamont will be returned, and with an increased majority. Although this is historical Lib Dem country (Michael Moore holds the UK seat, having succeeded the likes of Archy Kirkwood and David Steel), it went over to the Tories in 2007. Mainly due to the incumbent Euan Robson being a d*ck, he'd done nothing in 8 years / suffered a "scandal" over changing his 2nd home / and did little campaigning. The fact they rolled him out to re-challenge Lamont this time amazed me, tbh.

Suspect things may turn-out different in Galloway - the Conservative majority there is over SNP, and slight, and the Lib Dems had few votes. And it's the retiring Speaker's seat. Similar set-up in Ayr, albeit Tories have a larger majority, it over Labour... may hold.

Archived