May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Twitter has Mike Rumbles struggling in Aberdeenshire West. If he falls looks like clean sweep for SNP in North east Scotland. Edinburgh Central is apparently "interesting" i.e. very, very tight. Greens look like they've held their Lothians seat.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braehead is doing Paisley and Renfrewshire counts I think and they were on BBC as counting 19,000 postal votes.

SECC is of course partly owned by the City Council.

Yeah, i wondered while i was posting if it was partly owned. Other than that i can't offer any insight!

Braehead's in Renfrewshire. It's being used for the Paisley area seats AND the west region list votes.

Paisley town hall couldn't cope with the space required in one hall. The arena at braehead is next best.

Cheers that explains it. Didn't realise the arena in Braehead was all that much bigger as I thought the hall had 2 bits to it, bit not been there for a while.

More on the deid Lib Dem in Newcastle here.

Newcastle Lib Dem candidate is found dead

A Liberal Democrat council candidate in Newcastle has been found dead.

Neil Hamilton, who was standing in the Westerhope ward of the city, was found at his home on Thursday afternoon, a party spokesman said.

He was believed to be in his early 60s, the spokesman said. His death is expected to invalidate the result for the ward and lead to a fresh election.

A third of the wards in Newcastle are up for election. The Liberal Democrats have run the council since 2004.

Cheers that explains it. Didn't realise the arena in Braehead was all that much bigger as I thought the hall had 2 bits to it, bit not been there for a while.

Could you play basketball or icehockey inside the main hall at Paisley town hall would be the question, I think the area can also move seating to make a bigger space too.

Election Night Breaking News:

After making his tea, xbl tripped on stairs while carrying a plate of chips and tomato sauce. Sigh. :(

Not only your AV ballot you spoiled today. Waheeyyy.

I'm concerned for Brian Taylor tonight, he may need a little sugar boost.

So I've come up with a food game for him.

For an SNP Seat Win - Eat One Minstrel

For a Labour Seat Win - Eat One Maltesar

For a Green Seat WIn - Eat One Muffin

For a Lib Dem Seat Win - Eat A Slice of Chocolate Fudge Cake.

For a Tory Seat Win - Packet of McCoy's (Flavours can vary)

I'd say that should keep him going!

i think he'd rather do this

For an SNP Seat Win - one shot of whiskey

For a Labour Seat Win - one shot of vodka

For a Green Seat WIn - one shot of organic real ale

For a Lib Dem Seat Win - one shot of peach schnapps

For a Tory Seat Win - one sht of gin

you don't get a coupon that colour eating chocolate.

Election Night Breaking News:

After making his tea, xbl tripped on stairs while carrying a plate of chips and tomato sauce. Sigh. :(

:lol: any paper spoiled?

The list system seems to me to be utterly ridiculous. Why was it formed in the first place.

Weren't you just listening to Brian Taylor's explanation? :lol:

The list system seems to me to be utterly ridiculous. Why was it formed in the first place.

To make the results more proportional to the number of votes cast.

We should have our first result very soon...dun, dun, dun.

Archived