May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I;ve already pointed out earlier that Slovenia was at war with the rest of the Yugoslav Federation for about 10 days in mid-1991 before Milosevic gave it up to concentrate on Croatia/Bosnia.

Could it be that that is why she "glossed over Slovenia for some reason", given that the Montengrin independence process passed off without a shot being fired?

I;ve already pointed out earlier that Slovenia was at war with the rest of the Yugoslav Federation for about 10 days in mid-1991 before Milosevic gave it up to concentrate on Croatia/Bosnia.

Could it be that that is why she "glossed over Slovenia for some reason", given that the Montengrin independence process passed off without a shot being fired?

Not when she decided to include the whole of the 1990s as her time-frame. It's an obvious error and therefore invites further scrutiny

Not when she decided to include the whole of the 1990s as her time-frame. It's an obvious error and therefore invites further scrutiny

Yes, specifically by you it appears, despite your lack of interest. To what end? To absolve iain gray of blame? Again, you seem to be floating around the issue, posting hints and suggestions rather than actual facts. If you have any real evidence of ethnic cleansing by Montenegro, why not post it, rather than muttering about being "economical with the truth"?

"I'm right, don't confuse me with the facts"[

You can gloss over Slovenia as well if it's a fact that you don't particularly want to acknowledge

Iain Gray for First Minister, eh, Old Northerner? Desperate stuff.

You really have lost it if you think that my wondering about the 'collective responsibility' of Serbia and Montenegro during the early 90s makes me a Labour supporter. Especially given the fact that I've posted that the post-06 decisions of the Montenegrins ends that particular wondering in my mind.

You can gloss over Slovenia as well if it's a fact that you don't particularly want to acknowledge

Yes, I really glossed over the whole issue in my previous posts on that very subject. :rolleyes::blink:

You really have lost it if you think that my wondering about the 'collective responsibility' of Serbia and Montenegro during the early 90s makes me a Labour supporter. Especially given the fact that I've posted that the post-06 decisions of the Montenegrins ends that particular wondering in my mind.

well, sorry, I simply don't believe that you are pursuing this bizarre little agenda purely out of academic interest. It's desperate stuff typical of the attempted "defence" by Labour supporters of their clueless leader, on-line, since December 23rd.

Again i ask you to point out where this diplomat has been economical with the truth.

You said something about Slovenia. I have explained to you why this is not relevant. Your attempted rebuttal was some strange non-sequitor about "using the whole of the 1990s as a timeframe"- I'm afraid it's apparent only to you why this indicates that the diplomat was lying/speaking in bad faith/whatever.

Perhaps if you were clearer on the matter of where exactly she is wrong/misleading, it might be easier to understand where you are coming from.

It seems ivo has answered Slovenia, they were at war apparently, so hardly peaceful! I should state that I don't know the facts myself, but he seems to have posted evidence, while you seem to have ignored that evidence and posted speculation. And right now, you're doing a Damn good job of appearing to be a labour supporter and unionist, what with your "wonderings". Again, to what end, if not to get labour off the hook?

You said something about Slovenia. I have explained to you why this is not relevant.

Your attempted rebuttal was some strange non-sequitor about "using the whole of the 1990s as a timeframe"- I'm afraid it's apparent only to you why this indicates that the diplomat was lying/speaking in bad faith/whatever.

Perhaps if you were clearer on the matter of where exactly she is wrong/misleading, it might be easier to understand where you are coming from.

Was Montenegro the only country to remove itself from the Yugoslav state without too much bloodshed? Yes or no.

And what do her statements on her country have to do with Scottish politics then? If you're not interested in it from a Scottish perspective, why post on a Scottish thread? And if you're interested in it independently, why not do some research rather than post arguments which make you look like a weaseling unionist?

Was Montenegro the only country to remove itself from the Yugoslav state without too much bloodshed? Yes or no.

Firstly, Montenegro, didn't remove itself from the "Yugoslav state". That no longer existed by the time of its independence in 2006, which arose as a result of the dissolution of the "Union of Serbia and Montenegro", first constituted in 2003.

Secondly, Montenegrin independence, as I've already mentioned, was achieved without a shot being fired, let alone blood being spilled. Compare that to the military casualty figures of 62 dead and hundreds wounded, on both sides in the ten day war in Slovenia in 1991. An unquantified number of civilians would have lost their lives, too, in the brief war.

Firstly, Montenegro, didn't remove itself from the "Yugoslav state". That no longer existed by the time of its independence in 2006, which arose as a result of the dissolution of the "Union of Serbia and Montenegro", first constituted in 2003.

Fine, I should have used the words 'former Yugoslav state'

Secondly, Montenegrin independence, as I've already mentioned, was achieved without a shot being fired, let alone blood being spilled. Compare that to the military casualty figures of 62 dead and hundreds wounded, on both sides in the ten day war in Slovenia in 1991. An unquantified number of civilians would have lost their lives, too, in the brief war.

I'm happy to retract my statements about Montenegrin revisionism on the matter of Slovenia. My memory of it being a bloodless affair was flawed.

Archived