Football Manager 2005

Swampy

I'm currently in 2010 with Celtic after getting the job after a successful spell with Falkirk.

Have won the league 6 times in a row and reached the semi-final of the Champions League.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a Rovers campaign tonight, and ive won a game already!! :o:D (well it was a friendly!), Rovers have a tiny squad, massive task but i fancy having a go at being Dazza for a wee while :P , wonder if the players on it fight with each other....... :D

I am still playing Champ Man 2003/04. Is it worth buying the new one?

It is almost entirely the same game. If you've played 03/04, you'll recognise everything from the match engine to the training system as being very similar. Most of the changes are cosmetic, but apparently there are a few changes in how training actually works, although I've yet to notice anything stand-out.

The mind games seem fairly limited so far, but then again, I'm only on my first season, and apparently it takes a while for real "personalities" to develop.

The interface, whilst confusing at first, is better overall.

Finally, wee touches like the player faces options (with plenty of face packs available to download) as well as kits and stuff are nice additions. I had a crest pack for CM03/04 and now I have one for FM, and overall FM "feels" more like football as a result of the faces and kits.

Edit: Just noticed that I didn't answer your question :P If you have £17.99 kicking around, get it off Play.com, as it is worth it for the small cosmetic touches alone. Plus, there's an official data pack coming out in Feburary; in addition to the fan-made expansions, FM looks like it's going to receive more support and updates than the predecessor (naturally.)

edited to add :- does anyone fancy setting up a PnB internet game we could all play?

I'd be up for that!

Although think we would have to make it broadband players only, to keep the speed of the game decent. Also we need someone who doesn't have a router, and who is reliable to host, any volunteers....

I'd be up for that!

Although think we would have to make it broadband players only, to keep the speed of the game decent. Also we need someone who doesn't have a router, and who is reliable to host, any volunteers....

I'd be up for that if and when I get a new PC - my current one is far too slow to handle a network game, even though my internet connection is quick enough. <_<

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll sort the PC speed issue out though...

So just to confirm, Football Manager 2005 is the game FKA Championship Manager (i.e the really popular addictive one) and Championship Manager is a new game with the old title?

I beleive so. So who is in for a PnB game of championship manager?

yeah FM05, i still call it champ manager.

Ahh right! :D

Ok, simple way of doing this folks! Anyone who wants to play, put there name below! Give everyone a week or so to say if they want to play, then we can discuss who hosts, what teams we go, what time we play at etc. That alright with you bluetooner?

Simon :D

Archived