The Walking Dead

King Kebab

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 06/12/2022 at 22:38, 8MileBU said:
Wouldn’t necessarily say that. To date, other than Morgan and Dwight there’s still next to nothing linking the two shows together.

It was more in regards to what I assume is a big spoiler in the post above.

Aye I know, but the spoiler doesn’t really detract from much.

Binge watched the final season, wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, going by the posts in here, perhaps cause I binged rather than watched week to week. 

All very meh, find a safe place, turns out it's either not as safe as you thought as the leaders are bad b*****ds or bad b*****ds try to take safe place, rinse and repeat basically from the governor and the prisoner right through to the commonwealth. 

Is there even an appetite from the viewers for these spin offs that have completely taken any suspense away from the final season? This show has been haemorrhaging viewers since season 5 when they had almost 18m compared to just over 1m in season 11.

Why evolve the walkers 3 episodes before it finishes? 

After living with walkers for so long and given the numbers they killed surely there can't be many walkers left?

How do they still get caught out by walkers sneaking up on them? 

Where did the Commonwealth get so many bullets from? 

Who made the Commonwealth Army Uniforms? 

7 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Binge watched the final season, wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, going by the posts in here, perhaps cause I binged rather than watched week to week. 

All very meh, find a safe place, turns out it's either not as safe as you thought as the leaders are bad b*****ds or bad b*****ds try to take safe place, rinse and repeat basically from the governor and the prisoner right through to the commonwealth. 

Is there even an appetite from the viewers for these spin offs that have completely taken any suspense away from the final season? This show has been haemorrhaging viewers since season 5 when they had almost 18m compared to just over 1m in season 11.

Why evolve the walkers 3 episodes before it finishes? 

After living with walkers for so long and given the numbers they killed surely there can't be many walkers left?

How do they still get caught out by walkers sneaking up on them? 

Where did the Commonwealth get so many bullets from? 

Who made the Commonwealth Army Uniforms? 

The greatest shows always leave you with more questions than answers. 

Maybe. 

• 6 months later...
On 23/06/2023 at 09:42, FairWeatherFan said:

Dead City, the Negan & Maggie spin-off debuted last Sunday. Looks to have gone completely unnoticed. There's two episodes out there now. Think i'll just wait until the end of July when it can be binged.

How long are they planning to rip the arse out of that? My decision to watch it will likely depend on that answer. 

On 23/06/2023 at 09:42, FairWeatherFan said:

Dead City, the Negan & Maggie spin-off debuted last Sunday. Looks to have gone completely unnoticed. There's two episodes out there now. Think i'll just wait until the end of July when it can be binged.

No real legal way to watch it in the UK isn’t great. Think ill wait and binge it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually really enjoying Dead City, I think for 2 reasons.

The setting - urban/city isn't something TWD has done much of, it's usually countryside/forests, so it's more unusual. 

Negan - there's lots and lots of him in it obvs, so it was always going to be better than normal.

On 19/07/2023 at 11:26, Boghead ranter said:

I'm actually really enjoying Dead City, I think for 2 reasons.

The setting - urban/city isn't something TWD has done much of, it's usually countryside/forests, so it's more unusual. 

Negan - there's lots and lots of him in it obvs, so it was always going to be better than normal.

Can't wait until it is available mainstream here.

Got round to watching Dead City now that all the episodes are available online. General thoughts.

Spoiler

Pretty much everything I feared would happen, happened.

Instead of a tight 6 episode narrative telling a singular story. It's the typical TWD baggy "world building" with other communities being sprinkled in. After a reasonably decent start, there comes a shift where you can tell they're adding things that aren't required unless its groundwork for future seasons. The last episode is pretty much all set-up for a season 2, and who knows how many more to follow.

• 2 months later...

Watched the first half hour of the Daryl spinoff last night.  Hoping that it explains how he ended up in France, because there's no way he crossed the Atlantic in the wee boat he washed up on the French beach with.

Clemence Poesy getting big screen time so far, that's gotta help the quality a bit.

• 2 months later...

I finally went back and finished this, some spoilers but after like 2 years since it finished if you have got to the last page of this thread having not finished the series then that's up to you.

I bailed when Rick was saved by a helicopter, completely ridiculous.

The writers shouldn't be allowed anywhere near another TV series ever again utter morons. Although I do get that they need to make money but does every fucking character need to have a spin off series?

Pissed me off when Michelle just wandered off go find Rick when Rick has a helicopter and coukd clearly find the bigger settlements. Also she picks up 2 folk who are trying to follow some massive entourage, and yet when the final scene comes she is back on her own.

Completely unsatisfactory ending, would have been better shitting out of its completely and just flashing up on screen "...and they all loved happily every after"

I see I have waited so long to finish it that the spin offs have begun presumably with any UK distributor yet to take an interest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 22:02, Oystercatcher said:

11 seasons I watched this. The last episode was rushed and didn't bring closure. But I will watch the spin off series 

I got to season 10 and gave up, never finished Dexter either and from what i've read, it was the right decision. Though i'm tempted to give TWD another go, as it didn't fully sicken me off, just didn't have the notion to go back to it when the next season started.

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I got to season 10 and gave up, never finished Dexter either and from what i've read, it was the right decision. Though i'm tempted to give TWD another go, as it didn't fully sicken me off, just didn't have the notion to go back to it when the next season started.

I gave up on Dexter after season 2