The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Good episode but was pretty slow in getting going. Something doesn't seem right though, Beth was told that she was saved from 'rotters' when she was taken away and would be dead if it wasn't for them, but IIRC in the episode, Daryl ran out after her and all that was lying there was Beth's bag, and there was no sign of any struggle or any walkers in the area at all

Good episode but was pretty slow in getting going. Something doesn't seem right though, Beth was told that she was saved from 'rotters' when she was taken away and would be dead if it wasn't for them, but IIRC in the episode, Daryl ran out after her and all that was lying there was Beth's bag, and there was no sign of any struggle or any walkers in the area at all

it looks like this group are basically kidnapping people, and then injuring them to make it look like they owe something to the group for saving them

it looks like this group are basically kidnapping people, and then injuring them to make it look like they owe something to the group for saving them

Yeah this is exactly what I think they have been doing.

Will be interesting to see just how Carol managed to get into the hospital after her and Daryl went after them and will be really interesting to see who Daryl has with him now that Carol is with Beth.

Anyone wonder why Beth was gonna kill the doctor guy? Because he was being selfish and got her to kill that guy to keep him alive? or because she fears that it could easily be done to her?

Is it not kind of obvious who's with Daryl?

Noah was escaping just as Carol came in. Noah meets Daryl and Carol who tells them about Beth, they come up with a plan where Carol gets captured so that she can warn Beth about the upcoming shootout . Daryl then goes back with Noah, who's behind him because he injured his leg in the escape. Group goes to hospital, shootout occurs, lots of people die. End of mid season finale.

Edited by killie_lad

Friends have been going mental about this so going to start watching it from Series 1, I notice that it only has 6 episodes, how long are the seasons normally?

And is it on netflix?

They are 13-16 episodes long after the first one, I highly recommend you watch it! It's possibly my favourite show ever.

You can get seasons 1-3 on Netflix US if that's an option for you?

Get it watched man, you wont regret it.

Friends have been going mental about this so going to start watching it from Series 1, I notice that it only has 6 episodes, how long are the seasons normally?

And is it on netflix?

It's not on the UK Netflix. It is on Amazon Prime though. If you don't have a hectic schedule then I'd recommend signing up for the month's free trial on Prime and as you'll be hooked on the show you should get up to speed by the time your trial runs out!

A good chunk of the way through series 2 and the mrs and I noticed that between the two of us we weren't able to name any of the characters in the programme.

Come on now Throbber. :lol:

Unreal, surely surely surely you know Rick and Carl atleast?

Tbh in the up to date version I only like Rick and Darryll, none of the other characters have grown on me like they have with other programmes. Loved Tony from the Sopranos, loved Holder from the Killing, liked loads in Friday Night Lights, loved Michael in Prison Break, like a load of characters from Game of Thrones. Loads more I can't even think of, I feel like I like the boy out of Wolf of Wall Street better and that's only a 3 hour movie I've spent hundreds of hours with walking dead.

None of the characters in the show have grown on me at all really. Although last night I noticed for the first time that Beth is a bit of a wee tidy!!! ;):lol:

And is it on netflix?

I got US Netflix on my laptop it's on there, peice of piss and much much better. Google how to do it you won't regret it, it's basically install chrome and add a Hola extension, Bobs yer uncle. Edited by 1320Lichtie

Come on now Throbber. :lol:

Unreal, surely surely surely you know Rick and Carl atleast?

Tbh in the up to date version I only like Rick and Darryll, none of the other characters have grown on me like they have with other programmes. Loved Tony from the Sopranos, loved Holder from the Killing, liked loads in Friday Night Lights, loved Michael in Prison Break, like a load of characters from Game of Thrones. Loads more I can't even think of, I feel like I like the boy out of Wolf of Wall Street better and that's only a 3 hour movie I've spent hundreds of hours with walking dead.

None of the characters in the show have grown on me at all really. Although last night I noticed for the first time that Beth is a bit of a wee tidy!!! ;):lol:

We definitely didn't know Rick :lol: Think i knew Carl maybe at a push, i still don't know the wives name or the blonde woman who lost her sister or that creepy short haired woman who lost her girl although i remember she is called Sophia. Its pretty bizarre really as we are both hooked on it!

I quite liked it tonight, leaves things open. I dunno what it'll be like next week. On the one hand we have a Daryl episode, but on the other it's Carol :-/

It was bit of a filler episode, obviously setting up some of the back story for later shenanigan, but still enjoyable.

Im not sure I like the idea of focusing on a completely different group each week. It works well in terms of the individual episodes but means the overall story lines get broken up. If next week focuses on Carol and/or Daryll then that will be three episodes without knowing what happened to the main group. If the main group is in next weeks, we could be waiting three weeks to find out what happens to Beth.