FIFA are a Joke

LinkinFighter

I am glad,They can keep their whiney faced polititians and their bollocksmaster race mentality...

The EnglishF.A waste millions on Capello and his cronies, the pay Brooking and his mobransom like figures, and they serve up “best league in the world” football forits subjects every week. They have awealth of magnificent stadia, and good transport infrastructure already...

Why oh why shouldthey believe they deserve to host it... Some dude on the tele this morning bitching about how much of a disgraceit was that some of the youngsters of London have never seen a world cup onhome soil!!! Yeah until this year some entire continents hadn’t seen them ever...

The likes of Germany, Usa, Italy, Spain and England and the likes should be barred from applying, and the remaining nations, once they have hosted it and benefited from it move over and be taken off the list never allowed to apply again.

The world cupsshould go to smaller more needy countries, countries who still rate footballhighly in their social and sporting outlook. Two or possibly three smaller countries could really benefit from newstadia, better infrastuture and transport, better media exposure and a betterlegacy left behind.

I tell you nowthe teenie weenie Commonwealth Games will leave a much bigger impression inScotland than the Olympics will in London, let alone England...

I for One amsick of the London importance that they put on everything, how is the richgetting richer ever going to help football develop worldwide...

Clearly had it been a world cup for resentment and bitterness then it would be heading to the UK.

FIFA are a joke that goes without saying, however, England don't have a devine right to host the tournament and they were up against strong bids from Spain/Portugal and Russia. Is it really that surprising that FIFA are looking to take the tournament to new places? I don't think so and I don't think Russia winning the bid was a poor decision

Still, watch and squirm as the recriminations begin because somebody needs to be blamed.

Totally agree.

I failed to see the condemnation of the IOC when London was awarded the Olympics.

Oh that's right, it's only corruption when England don't get their own way.

It's about time England took their ball home with them, perhaps taking their case to the European court of human rights, demanding that football is only allowed to be played in England for ever more.

Oh and as for their moaning about the political nature of the votes, they can hardly complain when the English PM and the future King of Englandshire turn up to whore and suck dick for "the cause".

All in all I'm gutted that football wont be coming home any time soon.

all the stadia will be within 50 miles of each other in a country smaller than the Falklands! The chaos of trying to travel inbetween them having so many fans using the same rail links will be a nightmare, the population of the country will double for the world cup month.

Redeculos!

Qatar had already put aside £50bn (yes, that's 50 thousand million pounds) to deliver the infrastructure and facilities required. I wanted it to go to Australia... and I think Qatar is too small, at least in terms of putting 6 stadia in 1 city, and has too many 'outside issues'... but - it is naieve to imagine they're going to make a balls of it. This is their golden ticket to diversifying the country away from gas reliance - and the one thing that'll make-or-break their name on the world stage.

They've the money to throw at it, and the incentive to get it right. They'll deliver a perfectly acceptable World Cup, IMO.

Aye they've got the money but having so many people within a 50 mile radius all wanting to travel and party for a month is going to cause nothing but chaos, it is just too small.

It''s bigger than London and would be catering for a fraction of the population. You utter spanner.

They've the money to throw at it, and the incentive to get it right. They'll deliver a perfectly acceptable World Cup, IMO.

You do know that it's inly you plus a handful of other people that say after a word cup, "What a great tournament, The countries infrastructure was spot on and the stadiums were all adequate and built on time."

You do know that it's inly you plus a handful of other people that say after a word cup, "What a great tournament, The countries infrastructure was spot on and the stadiums were all adequate and built on time."

There aren't that many other things to judge a host country on, to be fair. The quality of the football isn't really related to where it's being hosted.

Sorry, what? The standard of football has very little to do with where it's hosted, aside from the altitude (not an issue in coastal Qatar) and the temperature (which I've repeatedly stated is a concern of mine - but which they say they'll get sorted)...

So what else do you judge a host country by exactly?

Of course people talk about the cities, the stadiums, the fanzones, travel experience, etc. They certainly did after 2002 + 2006.

Presuming "Qatar = bad footballing spectacle" isn't very constructive.

Oh and as for their moaning about the political nature of the votes, they can hardly complain when the English PM and the future King of Englandshire turn up to whore and suck dick for "the cause".

I agree with that. Was listening to some of these pundits/commentators commenting on how the Qatar FA is fronted by a Sheik and how they only got the gig because of who they are. I don’t know how many 28 year old FA presidents there are, but England have one of them.

I agree the wrong venue has been selected for 2018, it should have been Spain and Portugal.

England had the best bid in my opinion. It would have been brilliant to have the World Cup so nearby. I would have definitely gone to a game or two. Oh well.

im just gutted that i,as a scottish tax payer,amnt going to have my money squandered on a tournament that would have no benefit for my country whatsoever

say what you like about FIFA-they may be corrupt in the extreme but they know a bunch of wanks when they see them

im just gutted that i,as a scottish tax payer,amnt going to have my money squandered on a tournament that would have no benefit for my country whatsoever

say what you like about FIFA-they may be corrupt in the extreme but they know a bunch of wanks when they see them

I'm sorry but you come across as a bitter knobend. You support the SNP and have an irrational hate of the English, we get it. Now f**k off.

• 4 years later...

Archived