Guilty Pleasures

p&b is a disgrace

I don't know if this has been done before. I looked down a few pages in the Music forum and couldn't see anything, so if it has already been done - just consider this to be a "BUMP".

We all have artists that we know we shouldn't like - but something gets short circuited in our brain and before we know where we are we end up liking some complete dross. So here goes...........

I'm ashamed to say that I bought Jamiroquai's greatest hits today.

I don't like calling them "guilty pleasures". I like what I like, I don't like what I don't like. I don't feel guilty for liking something.

To keep the idea of the thread going, though, I don't mind quite a lot of the pop stuff going on. Ellie Goulding, Pixie Lott, etc. Granted, their attractiveness may make me want to watch the videos more, but they have quite a lot of good songs.

I stil listen to Pearl Jam now and then.

A band that are awesome don't count as a guilty pleasure.

I don't really have any, mostly because I don't stray too far from metal/grunge/punk. Sometimes listen to rap but it's stuff like cypress hill, public enemy or house of pain which I would never class as guilty pleasure music

I don't know if this has been done before. I looked down a few pages in the Music forum and couldn't see anything, so if it has already been done - just consider this to be a "BUMP".

We all have artists that we know we shouldn't like - but something gets short circuited in our brain and before we know where we are we end up liking some complete dross. So here goes...........

Nowt wrong with Jamiroquai. I got all of their albums, including a couple on vinyl too. New album is worth a listen but the first two are the best

The likes of Pearl Jam and Jamiroquai I wouldn't count as a guilty pleasure. Both artists were very popular at points in their lifetime and if your latest girlfriend was rummaging through your ipod and found them you wouldn't be embarrassed about having them in your collection. For me a guilty pleasure is something that you would cringe if your friends etc caught you playing. For me mine is Kylie. Not quite ready to embrace my pop side yet!

The likes of Pearl Jam and Jamiroquai I wouldn't count as a guilty pleasure. Both artists were very popular at points in their lifetime and if your latest girlfriend was rummaging through your ipod and found them you wouldn't be embarrassed about having them in your collection. For me a guilty pleasure is something that you would cringe if your friends etc caught you playing. For me mine is Kylie. Not quite ready to embrace my pop side yet!

Hey. Kylie isn't a guilty pleasure - I've been to see her. She was class.

Just goes to show that one mans guilty pleasure......................

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Not sure if it counts as a real 'guilty' pleasure, but I've always been a big admirer of the late Robert Palmer, a very talented and versatile artist who almost unfortunately is remembered just for his MTV style material from the mid 80s (Addicted to Love), but there was an awful lot of substance to Palmer's early and later work. Very good underrated artist.

Edited by Davis Love III

I think for me it'd be Jamiroquai too. The song "Too Young To Die" is great.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Yeah, I don't have any 'guilty pleasures' because I don't feel guilty about liking any of the music I like, whether it be pop-punk, metal, post-hardcore, pop etc. I've taken pelters from my mates for having Miley Cyrus songs on my iPod, but I love Party in the USA because it's such a good feelgood song! I really like some of Lady Gaga's and Katy Perry's material too. There are only a few artists/singers I like in the general category of dance/pop, and I would say I'm mostly into post-hardcore/metalcore and pop-punk, but I would say there's no point in being closed-minded as music can be good and enjoyable no matter what genre it is.