The Falkirk FC Thread

Do Swansea watch our development team or do they just sign everyone after seeing them play once?

John McMaster their Scottish scout is at most development games. His relationship with Smith also is a factor

Great move for the lad. Can't grudge anyone a move to bigger things. He will be well looked after down there

John McMaster ex Aberdeen is Swansea's development scout in Scotland and is friendly with Alex Smith, not that this has a bearing. It's hard to define Swansea and most EPL teams development policies due to the amount of money in the game down there, a lot of the club's buy young prospects from lower leagues, let them play league cup games and now FA cup, loan them out then free or sell them to lower clubs.

For me, this deal is win win for us, ok the deal may have add ons we won't see but if it's 200k for a player who has excelled in the development team and not replicated much in limited first team appearances, where is the problem. If it was O'Hara, then I'm sure there would've been an uproar.

Blair currently is fifth choice centre mid, fourth next season if Vaulks doesn't move.

Good luck to Blair of which I'm sure the cash will be invested in the team. I would like to see us use it for a couple of players now tho

My worry would be if we continue selling young players who havent really played in the first team then who are we bringing through. The likes of Kerr cant go on forever, i dont understand the need to sell we aint skint. Can only imagine its money towards another stand which we dont need, certainly not in the championship.

I agree its a worrying trend to start selling young players before they've even established themselves in our first team, especially when we're not struggling for cash. It wouldn't be so bad if we were actually investing this cash back in the team but you only have to look at this window to see that so far that aint the case. A loan signing we don't really need and a striker for next season is disappointing so far in my opinion when we had a chance to give Rangers and Hibs a real run for the money with a couple of inspired signings.

I agree its a worrying trend to start selling young players before they've even established themselves in our first team, especially when we're not struggling for cash. It wouldn't be so bad if we were actually investing this cash back in the team but you only have to look at this window to see that so far that aint the case. A loan signing we don't really need and a striker for next season is disappointing so far in my opinion when we had a chance to give Rangers and Hibs a real run for the money with a couple of inspired signings.

I know paying a fee for a young striker isn't investing money at all.

Will believe it when I see it. So far its one central midfielder in, one out and a young unproven striker signed for next season in this window. Hardly inspiring. The conveyer belt will soon dry up if we keep on flogging off our young talent to the first bidder and before they've even been able to turn out on a regular basis for our first team. Never mind though we'll have a nice balance sheet to blow about at the AGM again this year.

Probably arfield and Fulton are the most successful with both making a number of appearances in the EPL (arfield more than Fulton)

Depends what you see as a success I suppose, Darren Barr left and won the Scottish cup, scored in the final and was capped for Scotland.

Personally I'm not arsed about how players do after they leave us. We've got a lot of money for certain players that probably won't do much (biabi) I wish them well but I certainly won't lose no sleep over them failing.

Wasn't meant as a dig, I am a bit perplexed though that you keep managing to sell on so many youth players without them doing much when they leave, Falkirk have played a blinder.

Wasn't meant as a dig, I am a bit perplexed though that you keep managing to sell on so many youth players without them doing much when they leave, Falkirk have played a blinder.

I am too, it's a completely different level however. If we create even one player that plays every week at a decent premier league team id be quite happy. But like I said before, not arsed if we keep making money off our youngsters

Will believe it when I see it. So far its one central midfielder in, one out and a young unproven striker signed for next season in this window. Hardly inspiring. The conveyer belt will soon dry up if we keep on flogging off our young talent to the first bidder and before they've even been able to turn out on a regular basis for our first team. Never mind though we'll have a nice balance sheet to blow about at the AGM again this year.

So you're telling me that McGrandles in for Ryan Blair whilst making £200k in the process isn't a good deal? Nae bother :lol:.