The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Shooboax said:

Some of the folk owed the most money (6 figures each) now run the club. The people owed money voted through the CVA. There was a collective decision to accept zero pence in the pound. It was all about saving the club. The guys now running the club were those who fought to take back from the previous regime. Nobody at East End has tried to defend what happened. We've accepted it and have strode on collectively to ensure it's in good hands for the future.

So the decision was unanimous then? If thats the case then I suppose you have a point although you should still be doing the right thing and paying back some of the people who lost out especially now your making a profit. Surely that would really cement the local community and make up for the bad taste left in the mouth created by the cheating of the past.

I presume that unlike rangers most of the cash wasn't owed to the HMRC which it was in the case of Sevco or Dunfermline could easily have gone  the same way.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

So the decision was unanimous then? If thats the case then I suppose you have a point although you should still be doing the right thing and paying back some of the people who lost out especially now your making a profit. Surely that would really cement the local community and make up for the bad taste left in the mouth created by the cheating of the past.

While being no lawyer I'm not sure of the legality of doing such a thing, it's been mooted before and it would open up a massive can of worms.

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stirling Albion in the cup on Saturday at Forthbank. Hopefully a decent crowd head through although it is bang in the middle of traditional local holidays.

No one told me it's a local holiday ??

i was quite enjoying this shooboax poster, getting plenty of bites with small quips. This long winded pish has just confirmed to me he is actually being serious though. Wee lamb.

i was quite enjoying this shooboax poster, getting plenty of bites with small quips. This long winded pish has just confirmed to me he is actually being serious though. Wee lamb.

First fortnight in July is usually a popular period for local trades to be off etc. to be honest, it's probably mirrored across the country with the schools off too.

I enjoyed last Saturday's friendly and we played some neat stuff at times.

Be interesting to see who starts up front, I think it will be Austin & McHugh tbh.

I think the team will be:

Danny Rogers

Lewis Kidd
Luca Gasparotto
Paul Watson
Luke Leahy

Mark Kerr

Craig Sibbald
Will Vaulks
James Craigen

Bob McHugh
Nathan Austin

Subs:
Deniz Mehmet
Aaron Muirhead
Tony Gallagher
Myles Hippolyte
Kevin O'Hara
John Baird
Lee Miller

You can tell the strength is there this year when there could be no room for David McCracken & Scott Shepherd with Tom Taiwo, Peter Grant & Liam Henderson still to come in to the equation.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Used to enjoy a trip to Forthbank. I remember a long time ago pumping them 5 or 6-0 there. Bit of nostalgia googling required I think.

Was that the game in the howling wind in the days of Crabbe, Keith & Mossy?

I also remember Latapy getting sent off for us there

I think it must have been about that era. A quick google scan revealed nothing. Abandoned though as my employers and me have widely differing views about what I should be doing for my wedge.

Pretty sure I remember the weather being horrendous. Whips right into that stand.

Yep, we made a great decision that day to move from the stand to the terrace....

http://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1998&id=220&type=1

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Meh, I'm Monday - Friday anyway so will be there regardless. Hoping to have the wee man there for his first game. Mine was the 93 b&q cup final at fir park beating st mirren 3-0. Was heavy snow if I remember correctly.

Meh, I'm Monday - Friday anyway so will be there regardless. Hoping to have the wee man there for his first game. Mine was the 93 b&q cup final at fir park beating st mirren 3-0. Was heavy snow if I remember correctly.

Yes it was and also BLOODY freezing.. COYB Ps still my programme and ticket lol

7 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Not bites but replies.