The Falkirk FC Thread

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/houston-challenges-striker-to-earn-his-place-back-1-4215561

Article by Houston in the Herald there saying Austin was dropped because Shepherd has trained better. Now if he is doing well in training then yeah he definitely is deserving of a chance however on the park where it actually matters Austin has outperformed Baird (and Miller so far I'd say despite his goal on Saturday) this season so surely he should've been in contention to be starting the game there not just settle for a place on the bench.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/houston-challenges-striker-to-earn-his-place-back-1-4215561

Article by Houston in the Herald there saying Austin was dropped because Shepherd has trained better. Now if he is doing well in training then yeah he definitely is deserving of a chance however on the park where it actually matters Austin has outperformed Baird (and Miller so far I'd say despite his goal on Saturday) this season so surely he should've been in contention to be starting the game there not just settle for a place on the bench.

Another of Houstons  signings that cant get into the team. Whats the point of paying money for him if he feels that Scott Shepherd is a better bet. 

Anyone heard anything about Luke Leahy potentially leaving?

I'd agree that I'd imagine he would be here till his contract is up next summer then more than likely head back down the road. He's turned out to be a great find despite playing all over the place for the first 2 years the last 3 when he's been moved to left-back he's been brilliant imo.

He's not the best defensively (though nowhere even close to how bad some fans try to make out) but he is improving all the time and is great at getting up and down the left hand side. Some will disagree but I can't think of a better left back in the league.

Another of Houstons  signings that cant get into the team. Whats the point of paying money for him if he feels that Scott Shepherd is a better bet. 

That's not what he said there though was it? He said Shepherd looked better the previous week in training and deserved a place in the team.

Again there is nothing but wrong with that, if players are not performing in training/matches they should be getting dropped. I hope that would be consistent throughout the squad.

However I think there might be something else as if Austin was on the bench on Saturday there's no doubt he would've been on the pitch at some point and despite us needing a goal didn't throw on Shepherd at any point.

Wage caps are an absolute nonsense.

We are talking about a football club here not a Soviet style agricultural commune!

Better players should expect to earn more than journeymen as they contribute more to the success of the team.

Anyone unhappy about other players on a higher wage should be told to prove their worth before asking for more cash.

9 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Ha obsessed, coming from a qots supporter going on another clubs thread to talk about that other club.

Hmm ... multi club internet forum versus one club specific Q&A with manager of said club

Its a good comparison but its not quite right.

I also agree with whoever it was that said this was extremely unprofessional of Houston, but then we've come to expect no less

Mostly fans of Hibs and other clubs outwith Falkirk and Queens.

Expected the Queens fans to be the ones jumping on that figure but it seems a lot of posters think Houstie wouldn't know more than them which is laughable

Why the f**k would Hibs fans be bothered about what Queens are paying Dobbie :lol:

21 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Lets say PH does know, do you think he should be blabbing at a fans meeting? Looks like he's making excuses already.

If Houston knows, then it's probably open knowledge in the football community. The money that the "other guy" gets is a hot topic in any occupation, never mind one like football, where there are massive variances across different clubs.

Why shouldn't he share that with supporters if it helps him make a point?

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If Houston knows, then it's probably open knowledge in the football community. The money that the "other guy" gets is a hot topic in any occupation, never mind one like football, where there are massive variances across different clubs.

Why shouldn't he share that with supporters if it helps him make a point?

I doubt very much you'd have the same opinion if say, Alan Stubbs told everyone at a fans meeting what a Falkirk player was making. 

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I doubt very much you'd have the same opinion if say, Alan Stubbs told everyone at a fans meeting what a Falkirk player was making. 

It wouldn't bother me personally. It's not my wages. (though I'm retired now anyway 8))

Once the genie is out the bottle, it's gone.

The onus is on players, their agents, and their "ITK" friends who post on messageboards to keep schtum. If they don't then they can have no complaints when the information ends up somewhere they don't want it to go.

Which is why I don't think the reveal is a valid reason to attack our manager.

Fill yer boots though. I'm sure you will anyway. :P

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It wouldn't bother me personally. It's not my wages. (though I'm retired now anyway 8))

Once the genie is out the bottle, it's gone.

The onus is on players, their agents, and their "ITK" friends who post on messageboards to keep schtum. If they don't then they can have no complaints when the information ends up somewhere they don't want it to go.

You don't think it's odd a manager would tell a bunch of fans what a player from another club is making? How often do things like that happen? :lol:

It reeks of him trying to take some pressure of himself.