The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

PS

Did Pressely shag you and your brothers other halves? emoji23.png

Considering I haven't got any brothers and I never once even spoke to him or got within 15-20 yards of him, I'm guessing the answer is no.

After sitting through 4 seasons of the Elvis negative football, the shit still lingers unfortunately, especially when folk have short memories to what negative football is, He would never have a diamond formation, it wouldve had to been a Hexagon so he could have two sitting midfielders with their arses touching the centre halves

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Considering I haven't got any brothers and I never once even spoke to him or got within 15-20 yards of him, I'm guessing the answer is no.

After sitting through 4 seasons of the Elvis negative football, the shit still lingers unfortunately, especially when folk have short memories to what negative football is, He would never have a diamond formation, it wouldve had to been a Hexagon so he could have two sitting midfielders with their arses touching the centre halves

Surely you should be comparing Houston's team performances to a  decent manager and not  a brutally pish one like Pressley.  We should never, ever be playing Taiwo, Rankin and Kerr in the same side never mind what the formation is. Houston persists on playing Taiwo on the right side of midfield which frankly adds nothing to the team but then again if he'd signed a decent right sided midfielder instead of Rank Rotten he wouldnt need to do that. We currently again have the 3rd biggest budget in the league. A budget that has been increased from last season. Now whilst the bod can be criticised somewhat for not investing more of the vaulks cash and for any perceived wage cap Houston has to take the blame for his mediocre signings. Its also up to him to push the bod to loosen this wage cap so that players of quality leaving can be replaced by some decent quality coming in instead of dross. 

Your cousin then

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely you should be comparing Houston's team performances to a  decent manager and not  a brutally pish one like Pressley.  We should never, ever be playing Taiwo, Rankin and Kerr in the same side never mind what the formation is. Houston persists on playing Taiwo on the right side of midfield which frankly adds nothing to the team but then again if he'd signed a decent right sided midfielder instead of Rank Rotten he wouldnt need to do that. We currently again have the 3rd biggest budget in the league. A budget that has been increased from last season. Now whilst the bod can be criticised somewhat for not investing more of the vaulks cash and for any perceived wage cap Houston has to take the blame for his mediocre signings. Its also up to him to push the bod to loosen this wage cap so that players of quality leaving can be replaced by some decent quality coming in instead of dross. 

We have only started Rankin, Kerr and Taiwo once together, I dont mind Taiwo on the right if the opposition suits, like it did last season in certain games but more than often it hasnt suited. Im not keen on Rankin, Kerr and Taiwo starting but for 30 odd mins we were the better team v Queens and it was working, we lost goal when Taiwo was off the park then fell apart. Rankin had his worst game for us on the left tho but on that day, I couldnt fault Taiwo or Kerr, whereas the powderpuff middle of our defence, the finger can be pointed.  The fingers will also be pointed towards Houstie in wasting the budget come Jan or the end of the season, just not yet tho its far to early to write off the players signed. 

I feel some think signing players is like playing Football manager, its not that simple with the market he is dealing with which is much the same as probably more than half of the league, time will tell come Jan or the end of the season if the players signed will have done the job, not 4 games in but I agree so far that a decent right hand mid shouldve been sourced before Rankin as it stands, up to him to prove us wrong.

He is the captain of the Development side and has just been given a contract extension . He is over 18 and we have played players a lot younger than that. Surely if we have enough faith in him to give him an extension we should be seeing if he can fill a gap in our team. If you don't try him we won't know. Are you available to play right mid for the rest of the season ?

49 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

He is the captain of the Development side and has just been given a contract extension . He is over 18 and we have played players a lot younger than that. Surely if we have enough faith in him to give him an extension we should be seeing if he can fill a gap in our team. If you don't try him we won't know. Are you available to play right mid for the rest of the season ?

Me? Aye, defo. I do go on holiday quite a lot though so we'd need to come to some arrangement with that. I won't be able to play on Saturday for example. :)

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Rankin hopefully will get kept out the team and freed in January, he's done. It also beggars belief that McCracken who was done last season (if not before) still needs to be called upon to try n shore up our central defence.

Rankin is never done and will prove useful once suspensions and injuries, other than the QOS game, he hasnt had a bad bad game, as for McCracken, that'll be the same McCracken who came in last season to shore up the defence after the Ross County defeat, he is a good experienced pro and has been good for us and is back because we have been a soft touch in the middle of our defence recently. He also is a decent aerial goal threat in the opposition goal of which outside Miller, we dont have

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Rankin is never done and will prove useful once suspensions and injuries, other than the QOS game, he hasnt had a bad bad game, as for McCracken, that'll be the same McCracken who came in last season to shore up the defence after the Ross County defeat, he is a good experienced pro and has been good for us and is back because we have been a soft touch in the middle of our defence recently. He also is a decent aerial goal threat in the opposition goal of which outside Miller, we dont have

McCracken shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 11 this season. He is done and showed that clearly in the first leg of the Hibbies playoff game last season where his rashness nearly cost us big time as it did previously with his glorious feck up in the scottish cup final. The fact he's getting a game highlights again Houstons failure to bring in new signings that improve the side instead of being jersey fillers. Rankin will be playing in the second division or lower next season once we free him at the end of his contract.