The Falkirk FC Thread

The times i've seen Sheperd play as a striker for the U20's he's looked good. The times where he gets pushed out wide I don't think he's as effective, even at that level. Every time i've seen him come on for the first team he plays out wide and looks a bit lost but I don't really think that's his natural position anymore. Admittedly he will struggle to get in as a striker ahead of Miller, McHugh etc but I think it's possibly worth reserving judgement on his aptitude long term as a striker for the first team when he's barely played in that position. I'd personally like to see Sheperd alongside Austin in some games where the opposition defence is shy of pace. Whatever you think of Baird or Miller, they aren't gonna sprint past anyone, championship or otherwise. 

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I always thought the idea of working with the council was fine, IF (and that's a massive if) you could guarantee they would treat us as an equal partner and then shower us with the love and affection that you might expect from your partner after you got engaged. 

Nobody seems to have considered what would happen if Labour - who were always opposed to the Stadium - got back into power.

People don't still vote Labour do they?

Are these the people that still have a VCR and a 22" Grundig from radio rentals?

10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

People don't still vote Labour do they?

Are these the people that still have a VCR and a 22" Grundig from radio rentals?

I don't think it really matters whose in charge these days. The current mob couldn't organise a prayer in a mosque either.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Waste of a wage.

Kind of sums up where we are as a club for me.

St.Johnstone 4th in the Premiership (6th consecutive year in the top 6) , Partick 6th and on a core support that is double theirs we are now in our 7th season in this hell hole and all likelyhood another season at least.

It shows both how poorly we have been run for years and how little ambition we have as a club.

The lad may come good, do we really think he will be the difference and get us up or make an impact in the top league?

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Political forum for this shit please.

In fairness who runs Falkirk Council is very relevant to affairs at FFC.

The current Labour / Tory marriage made in Hell is not at all sympathetic to the Bairns, whereas the SNP group has a good number of Bairns diehards in significant positions.

(Not arguing that this should be your sole deciding factor when it comes to placing your X next month, but...)

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

15 goals and 7 assists in 20 games too.

Will he play for £500 a week?

He'd probably play for a couple of hundred a month! Don't really know why but I'm desperate to see him play and find out if he's any good.

The fucking council (who previously owned 2/7th of the Land at Brockville) insisted on the iconic stand if they were to be involved. The club dropped its drawers to these c***s and have regretted it to this day.

Am I correct in thinking that planning work on the stadium began when the official ground capacity for entry to SPL at the time was 10000?

Am I correct in thinking that planning work on the stadium began when the official ground capacity for entry to SPL at the time was 10000?

It must have been because when we went up we needed 6,000 so the North Stand had to be built

I think there's a player in Shepherd, worth a contract extension, just hasn't been given a right chance in the first team. I said earlier in the season Austin, Henderson and Shepherd looked good in the under 20s and would improve with time, there's a few other good prospects there as well. 

No there isn't