The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, FTOF said:

100% synthetic then.

Cheers.

Curious as to why you ask? Are you planning a pitch invasion and, in a style befitting a certain Leith based footballing organisation we shall not name, trying to eat portions of the playing surface? If so that's quite the confidence at this stage of the season.

when we first moved into the new stadium, the pitch was advanced, USH Heating in sections, rather than defrost the entire pitch only the frozen areas would defrosted and a mesh thing that grass grew through that would stop the pitch from cutting up. Think that was hybrid at the time. Seem to remember that Eddie Thompson (hopefully enjoying hell)  came to inspect the pitch and ground to make sure it met SPL criteria. As some people thought it could be an Astro pitch.

Edited by Andreas Kelevra

27 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Seem to remember that Eddie Thompson (hopefully enjoying hell)  came to inspect the pitch and ground to make sure it met SPL criteria. As some people thought it could be an Astro pitch.

Still annoys me we had to have a minute's applause for that c**t.

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That maybe so but I believe this is where it is heading. Time will tell.

We certainly can't afford it IMO in the Championship

Is this not why Kerr, Miller and McCracken are being given coaching/development roles?

Back when we were in the prem and rolling in cash the pitch was like a bowling green but then we got baw deep in debt and relegated and couldnt afford the upkeep or the undersoil heating. By the end of the last season on grass they were having to chuck sand on it just to keep it together. Seen public parks in better nick
Lets face it nae cnut wants astro but the one weve got is realy good. Ive played on it myself a few times it doesny feel like grass but its miles better than what you get at 5 aside parks

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Back when we were in the prem and rolling in cash the pitch was like a bowling green but then we got baw deep in debt and relegated and couldnt afford the upkeep or the undersoil heating. By the end of the last season on grass they were having to chuck sand on it just to keep it together. Seen public parks in better nick
Lets face it nae cnut wants astro but the one weve got is realy good. Ive played on it myself a few times it doesny feel like grass but its miles better than what you get at 5 aside parks

I used to play each week on the grass pitches out at Niddry in Edinburgh. The artificial turf at the stadium is glorious in comparison and would agree it's much better than the standard 3G 5-a-side pitches. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Chalmers played LB for us today and was very composed and solid.

Pre season v real business is a world away..... So many pre season signings I've seen be amazing pre season, couldn't kick a ball when the real business starts.....time will tell if signed

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

The reason we had a great pitch was because of Jim Dawson.

Spot on.....

10 hours ago, Young gun said:

Teams think they will get funded on the strength of season ticket sales I doubt it 

Gate receipts (and by de facto season tickets) are a fairly significant proportion of any teams budget in this league due to the lack of prize and TV money. 

Gate receipts (and by de facto season tickets) are a fairly significant proportion of any teams budget in this league due to the lack of prize and TV money. 

Even more so for us given our overheads at that stadium.

Assuming Rory dots the i's & crosses the Ts with Dundee & Sibbs goes. I think our starting X1 looks fairly strong. We've also, still, got at least 2 players for each position bar LB (awaits McHattie signing if the rumour is true).

Thomson/Mitchell

Muirhead
Grant
Gasparotto
Gallagher

Harris
Craigen
McKee
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

Subs
Mitchell, Kidd, Watson, Kerr, Taiwo, Miller, O'Hara

Assuming Rory dots the i's & crosses the Ts with Dundee & Sibbs goes. I think our starting X1 looks fairly strong. We've also, still, got at least 2 players for each position bar LB (awaits McHattie signing if the rumour is true).

Thomson/Mitchell

Muirhead
Grant
Gasparotto
Gallagher

Harris
Craigen
McKee
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

Subs
Mitchell, Kidd, Watson, Kerr, Taiwo, Miller, O'Hara

Where is the leader in midfield?

Not convinced defensively or the physicality of that team. Short by at least 2 players

Where is the leader in midfield?

Not convinced defensively or the physicality of that team. Short by at least 2 players

I'd be hoping McKee.

Being honest, I think Houstie would have Taiwo in for Craigen in all honesty.

I'd be hoping McKee.

Being honest, I think Houstie would have Taiwo in for Craigen in all honesty.

Just think we are short on quality

Don't disagree mate. Hopefully there are developments over the next 5 weeks before the the first real fixture.

To challenge there has to be. Great to see developments in the Boardroom TBH. Unless there is we are treading water till they go

Don't disagree mate. Hopefully there are developments over the next 5 weeks before the the first real fixture.

How's the heid today?