The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

If Falkirk had lost, you'd have rushed on here proclaiming friendlies mean nowt and to read anything into it.

Falkirk won and I'm proclaiming that friendlies mean nowt and not to read anything in to it.

If Falkirk had lost, you'd have rushed on here proclaiming friendlies mean nowt and to read anything into it.

Don't think so, but I can understand why you want to defend that view at the moment.

One look on your forum tells me how meaningless the four thumpings have been to date.

We were pretty laboured in the first half and most of the time we did get forward it was down the right and amounted to nothing (our two weakest performers of the night were Kidd and Shepherd IMO). We looked a lot sharper second half with more of play in the final third going through Harris. He played on both sides at various times in the second half and looked comfortable in either. Pleased to see him get two assists for his efforts. McKee was also a positive as he was always available and trying to dictate play. From goal kicks we appeared to be letting the CBs split and him take the ball deep. Wouldn't be averse to us playing out from the back like that. Austin took his goal well and it was a good run from O'Hara for a tap-in. All in, can't complain. 

1 hour ago, Ross95 said:

What a difference it made tonight second half having Muirhead at right back instead of Kidd I know he takes some stick on here but he's our best right back by far.

Aye, Muirhed at least ran at his man when he got up the pitch as opposed to Kidd who checked inside/backwards every time an opponent came near him and was blowing out his arse after half an hour.

Aye, Muirhed at least ran at his man when he got up the pitch as opposed to Kidd who checked inside/backwards every time an opponent came near him and was blowing out his arse after half an hour.

Aye Kidd seemed shite scared to do anything with the ball and as soon as he got it would immediately give it to either McKee or Muirhead.

There's never anything much you can take from a friendly obviously good to get the win though and it. Could have been 4 or 5 in the end really. Good to see some of the youngsters get on they all done alright imo. Never appreciated how tall Liam Henderson is before.

Quite sad in a way to see a hero like Farid scrapping a game as a trialist for a league 2 team. He looks absolutely done.

I'm well aware tonight was just a kick a bout. Few positives and the usual reminders too.... Harris was impressive got involved in nearly all the positive play, Fash turned up in the second half, Rory showed a few glimpses, the young guys did ok. Kidd is a waste of space even on the bench sooner we get rid the better, Sheps is poor he's not going to cut it IMO. Would have liked to have seen Hippo play on the left and Harris on the right.

Anyone know what happened that there was no Craigen tonight?

He was in the stand along with Hippolyte and Watson.

I was just assuming they had some sort of knock so didn't want them being risked.

TBH i see nothing to be worried about with Harris he had a cracking game and done well, the fact inidividuals are on the lads back already and seem to be hoping he is a failure or at least want him to f**k up just so they can find a player to hound or say i told you so is bloody sad.

So:

- Friendlies will always be pish.

- Good to see Loy back in a Falkirk shirt.

- Promising early stuff from Harris - quicker than I thought he was.

- Henderson looked competent at LB when he came on. 

- Once he gets up to speed with the game, Fash is a non-stop nuisance. 

- Shepherd and Kidd are still fucking humpty.

Next.

So:
- Friendlies will always be pish.
- Good to see Loy back in a Falkirk shirt.
- Promising early stuff from Harris - quicker than I thought he was.
- Henderson looked competent at LB when he came on. 
- Once he gets up to speed with the game, Fash is a non-stop nuisance. 
- Shepherd and Kidd are still fucking humpty.
Next.

Not left us much to discuss on here after that. Thanks. [emoji16]

We were all surprised. Paid a transfer fee and a two year deal. Pound for pound one of the worst signings we've made in recent years considering the wage he is on and we paid a fee for him.

Are we not being a bit unfair? Hasn't played much and confidence is probably low. From the sounds of it that may have been his key problem tonight.

I think we were all critical when he joined us and for the first few games, but then he appeared to settle in and had a few good games before getting punted out of the team. Can't remember anymore if that was due to injury though.

Are we not being a bit unfair? Hasn't played much and confidence is probably low. From the sounds of it that may have been his key problem tonight.

I think we were all critical when he joined us and for the first few games, but then he appeared to settle in and had a few good games before getting punted out of the team. Can't remember anymore if that was due to injury though.

Even when he'd had a decent run in the team I've never been convinced by him. Maybe Lewis Kidd is my Shadwell's Alex Harris? If someone could coach him to do what any modern full back does, i.e. Dribble forward with the ball, then that would be a start. Even Muirhead is better than him at that.