The Falkirk FC Thread

Yes, first half was good.

Dallison was immense.

2nd half was awful with too many midfielders going backwards 

The striker trialist was awful with the right back nothing special.

the trialist no. 11 had something about him but we need something extra up front.

Lewis was okay but looked a bit off the pace.

Paton is a good organiser but Froxylias was poor.

was impressed by TOE and Petravicius

Well done England.

Standard pre-season stuff today with a bit of a lack of understanding in places and more focus on keeping team shape and controlling possession than going full pelt, we still looked a bit of the pace in most areas but a few players stood out.

Mutch looked ok, didn't have much to do but did it well enough, not sure he could have done anything with the goal. Fasan in the second half was the same, goal was the fault of the trialist at RB rather than him. 

In the first half the back 4 looked ok, but Robson didn't have a good game, at fault for the first goal and just made a few basic errors, not an issue as he is good enough for this league just a bad day at the office. As almost everyone else has mentioned Dallison looks a great signing  and would probably be the first name on the team sheet for me. Second half  Harrison looked like he could do a job but would be behind dallison, mcghee and muirhead for me.

Midfield was a bit weak int he first half, I thought Kidd and Evans didn't really work in the centre of the park but to be fair to them we were basically playing 4-2-4 with the wingers really high. Petravicius looked a bit too tentative for me, not taking on his man enough but he does appear  to have some talent and in general we seemed to be a bit slow moving the ball.  Not sure the trialist will have done enough to impress the Don. Second half with a lot of changes we were a bit disjointed but it was pretty standard pre-season stuff, paton will obviously sit really deep whenever he comes on but there was a huge gap between the defence and midfield with the exception of him.

Attack was decent in the first half, especially O'hara, he showed real threat running in behind and took his goal well. Hopefully he can replicate that against teams in our league, but he looked pretty good on the wing as well in the second half so if we can sign another centre forward I think hartley might play him out there.  Lewis looked like he is still getting up to speed but has something to offer. The trialist in the second half didn't seem to offer much but the whole team was pretty disjointed by then, to be honest though I can't see what he offers instead of the guys we have. I think we need another centre forward in but would prefer a bigger guy who can hold play up and lead the line as opposed to someone else who can run in behind. 

The trialist at RB in the second half made a few mistakes and one that cost a goal, not sure if we will see him again. Whoever played LB in the second half looked decent and put a few good crosses in, he was number 16 but I am not sure if it was paton.

None of the triallists did enough for me and I don't see the point in keeping them just for bodies when we've established that we want a smaller squad anyway. Hartley has gotten rid of better players than any of those three in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

None of the triallists did enough for me and I don't see the point in keeping them just for bodies when we've established that we want a smaller squad anyway. Hartley has gotten rid of better players than any of those three in my opinion.

Disagree, we’ve brought in a right back on trial as we don’t have one(McGhee aside)

Russell can cover left back/left mid, surely can’t say he got rid of anyone who can do that.

From what I’ve seen against Aberdeen and Airdrie we have the makings of a solid defence but really lack a presence up front.

I know the clamour is for The Jak to return (and it would be class) but a Nelson-type would be more beneficial at the moment

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surprised you can read with a white hood over your face

Should he not be busy cleaning his bowler hat and washing his fuckin' mickey mouse gloves?

Thought Mark Russell was a bit off the pace in the first half but that’s probably down to a lack of game time or fitness. When he moved to left back he looked a lot more comfortable got past his man and put in a few decent crosses.

The trialist right back was very meh hartley got annoyed at him quite a few times during the game, don’t think he adds anything to the squad. The trialist striker doesn’t look any better than what we currently have and as previously mentioned I’d rather see us bring in a taller striker to give us a different option up top.

Dallison and Ohara played very well today with both taking there goals well.

Good to see Paton putting himself about as soon as he came on.

Also liked the look of Airdries right winger Scott Stewart had to google him at half time he was Airdries best player by a mile in the first half.

Edited by BairnNecessity

4 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

Thought Mark Russell was a bit off the pace in the first half but that’s probably down to a lack of game time or fitness. When he moved to left back he looked a lot more comfortable got past his man and put in a few decent crosses.

The trialist right back was very meh hartley got annoyed at him quite a few times during the game, don’t think he adds anything to the squad. The trialist striker doesn’t look any better than what we currently have and as previously mentioned I’d rather see us bring in a taller striker to give us a different option up top.

Paton loves a good hamstring.

Other than Mark Russell does anyone know who the other trialists were? It would be interesting to look at their footballing backgrounds?

We have a game on Monday and Tuesday coming up, appreciate he wants a small squad but still needs a good few bodies at the moment to get through those games without injuries etc

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone provide a link to the goals? Not on facebook

Here you go, old fella 

Falkirk TV really do need a better camera though, thats some seriously blurry shite at times.

Edited by DeeBairn

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Other than Mark Russell does anyone know who the other trialists were? It would be interesting to look at their footballing backgrounds?

Luke Watt’s the right back previously at Motherwell and Jordan Allens the striker previously at Wolves